Audi buying Ducati

Casper

Ducati has been on the shopping block for a while now...there were some hard rumors that an Indian (dot not feather) company was going to buuy them, so this is god news in my bok...and yes, I want a TDI Multi! Bad!

That's the Ducati rate' date=' right now. How do you think DucRx got started? The dealership tried to charge me $35/each for Champion copper core spark plugs (can buy 'em at AutoZone for $2.50), $25 for a fuel filter (Napa for $7.50) and $20 for an o-ring.[/quote']

Thats jus' ridickulus.

which raises the question: why didn't fiat buy it?

VW owns Audi. Kind of fitting as both companies have had quality and reliability issues since inception. VW/Bugatti/Porsche/Lambo just doesn't seem like a good fit.

I thought Fiat would be a good fit as they already have Magneti Marreli for the electronics and Ducati/Ferrari would be a match made in heaven for cross-branding and promotion. Maybe Fiat is still bitter from the Piaggo experience a long time ago.

so perfect fit for ducati :confused:

That is debatable these days, Ducati is making some pretty good stuff as of late. European vehicles tend to suffer from electronic/electrical problems, the American and Asian technology is superior in comparison.