I won tickets to Primus this morning.

Casper

Saw them at the same place a few years ago (was Promowest Pavilion then).

They played two sets, the second being the Sailing the Seas of Cheese album in it's entirety.

Have seen them a few times--All awesome shows.

Saw them at the same place a few years ago (was Promowest Pavilion then).

They played two sets, the second being the Sailing the Seas of Cheese album in it's entirety.

Have seen them a few times--All awesome shows.

My favorite album of all time.

I saw them last year and was disappointed. Some A-hole in the crowd was throwing shit at Les and he got rightfully pissed and almost canceled the show. They played on and did their set but it ruined the whole show.

That's shitty.

Never heard of a band called Primus but maybe this being the 2nd time ever. I'm guessing they're old from what you all say. I was into NWA and other popular groups such as Metallica and others in the late 80s and 90s when I was a teenager. :dunno:

Edited by NinjaNick

Nick, you have been deprived of some great music. Before forming Primus, bassist Les Claypool tried out for Metallica after original bassist Cliff Burton was killed in a tour bus accident. Obviously he didn't get the job but they were impressedwith his talent, just too weird for Metallica. How have you not heard of them? Not sure if lives under a rock or bad at sarcasm.....

Nick, you have been deprived of some great music. Before forming Primus, bassist Les Claypool tried out for Metallica after original bassist Cliff Burton was killed in a tour bus accident. Obviously he didn't get the job but they were impressedwith his talent, just too weird for Metallica. How have you not heard of them? Not sure if lives under a rock or bad at sarcasm.....

:lol: I'm dead serious man. I'll have to check their sound out soon on youtube.

Definitely no rock in my life, just somehow missed them, Les Claypool sounds familiar so maybe I have though once I heard a popular song of theirs.

:lol: I'm dead serious man. I'll have to check their sound out soon on youtube.

Definitely no rock in my life, just somehow missed them, Les Claypool sounds familiar so maybe I have though once I heard a popular song of theirs.

Definitely under a rock. Wow.

You ever watch South Park?

Ok, I now know I never heard their songs and I know why. Because they were awful! :p

This comment was best on one of their youtube videos:

"Fuck this shit sucks. Primus always sucks. I even went to the primus sucks tour. OMG WTF!

Xeletoph 5 hours ago

They were awful...holy shit. I can see why they probably never won big awards.

Primus Sucks is actually one of their older slogans. Their music is really good if you enjoy a lot a heavy bass riffs. I will admit most of the music is very odd by mainstream standards but if your open to new music and really listen to it most of the stuff is pretty awesome.