1994 secaII carb help

rawlins87

Gf's dad has a seca im considering buying (1994 3.5k miles), only problem is he parked it and now the carbs are gummed up (hence the old bike with low miles).

Wondering if theres anyone on here that could fix that for me and how much?

Im a welder and can barter with weld/fab and/or beer to lower cost:D

I restored a seca last year, if its been sitting that long you can bet that the petcock needs a rebuild, the carb boots need replaced and the carbs definitely need gone through. I can also do the ” ten cent re-jet” which involves removing the plugs that restrict you from adjusting the idle air mix and shimming the needles. I can make that bike run like new.

+1 for Max, helped me with my 450 carbs and everything turned out the way it should! We wont get into the fact that after all that technical work we could not put on a skid plate and had to have Ben do that for us. :o

I restored a seca last year, if its been sitting that long you can bet that the petcock needs a rebuild, the carb boots need replaced and the carbs definitely need gone through. I can also do the ” ten cent re-jet” which involves removing the plugs that restrict you from adjusting the idle air mix and shimming the needles. I can make that bike run like new.

+1 on petcock and Carb boots. Had to replace my petcock and my boots are dry rotted but not bad enough to warrant replacement...yet.

Chevy, not enough miles on the bike for the emulsion tubes to be egg-shaped yet, and pretty sure that problem was unique to the fizzer, I don't remember anything about it in the seca II forums.

Didn't even look at the miles. And I figured they were prone to that issue too.