600RR throttle cable install

redkow97

if the other brands really are significantly simpler, then that's indeed a selling point.

I'm going to hang onto this bike for at least a couple more years. It has to last me until I pass the bar and land a "real" job.

Call it a character flaw, but I resist the R6 koolaid. I have ridden one on a couple occasions and i felt like I was perched so high on top of the bike, it was odd.

My next bike will probably be a GSXR 600, but like everything in racing, the right deal would probably change my mind.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: I didn't have much problems with mine or doing Mike's just now. Only hick-up we had was I tightened the lower adjuster too much and had to loosen it up a bit. We had the gas tank changed out, throttle cables, OEM upper stay and radiator hose changed out in about 2 hours.

Though, I'm really considering an R6 for next season for something new :D

If all you've known is Hondas, you cannot understand. If you go R6, you'll see instantly.

On the GSXRs for example, yes, you need to remove the airbox to access the throttle cables. But, it is SUPER simple, very quick and easy and access is immediate. Also, just try and race convert a Honda with the wiring and such under the tank... Ask Reuben what he would rather work on and convert over. A honda or something else...;)

if the other brands really are significantly simpler, then that's indeed a selling point.

I'm going to hang onto this bike for at least a couple more years. It has to last me until I pass the bar and land a "real" job.

Call it a character flaw, but I resist the R6 koolaid. I have ridden one on a couple occasions and i felt like I was perched so high on top of the bike, it was odd.

My next bike will probably be a GSXR 600, but like everything in racing, the right deal would probably change my mind.

R6 is the cool aid for a reason. It is literally the most raced bike and then the GSXR falls into second and Kawi third.

The R6 and GSXR are great choices for a few reasons. Ease to convert, parts availability at the track and when needed, chassis development, and of course, power...

The R6s are the best. The GSXR years 08 and newer are awesome and the latest gen Kawi.

The new upcoming 2013 Kawi is supposed to be the shit next year so, keep an eye out.

The Honda is cool and you will learn to work on it as you keep it. But, once you jump off the wagon and land in Yamaha or Suzuki territory, it will be like a switch was flipped. We went from the F2s and F3s after 3 full years of racing them to the new generation Kawasaki ZX6R at the time and was like "holy shit!" when we started prepping it. It was EASY!! Then, went to Suzuki and was blown away at how even easier that was!

Well....I got around faster than you did last year. BAZINGA!

Holla when you get some brake fluid and want to get it changed. I actually have a small something that I've been meaning to get back to you anyway.

:D

Were we at the track on the same day last year? I honestly don't remember. (Totally forgot you had my wiring jig until you just said something now btw.)

I am going to just do a shitty job of bleeding the rear brake when I replace the rear MC (came in the mail yesterday). I don't want it overly sensitive anyway.

For the fronts, I might drop you a line though. Just easier with a second set of hands, and I've never done it before, so guidance would certainly help. I have fluid ready and waiting.

Were we at the track on the same day last year? I honestly don't remember. (Totally forgot you had my wiring jig until you just said something now btw.)

I am going to just do a shitty job of bleeding the rear brake when I replace the rear MC (came in the mail yesterday). I don't want it overly sensitive anyway.

For the fronts, I might drop you a line though. Just easier with a second set of hands, and I've never done it before, so guidance would certainly help. I have fluid ready and waiting.

I will probably join as QA for the maintenance action. ;)

speaking of, i'm debating a new chain as well...

I just don't know how long the current one has been on the bike. At least for the couple of years I've owned it, but I don't get to ride nearly as much as some people.

since we're talking about communal repairs, does anyone know how to fiberglass fairings? the bottom fairing mr. gracious R1gagger gave me has a big scrape on the bottom that needs fixed and i have a fiberglass repair kit, just no idear how to use it.

since we're talking about communal repairs, does anyone know how to fiberglass fairings? the bottom fairing mr. gracious R1gagger gave me has a big scrape on the bottom that needs fixed and i have a fiberglass repair kit, just no idear how to use it.

I could have done it saturday. :p