600RR throttle cable install

redkow97

since we're talking about communal repairs, does anyone know how to fiberglass fairings? the bottom fairing mr. gracious R1gagger gave me has a big scrape on the bottom that needs fixed and i have a fiberglass repair kit, just no idear how to use it.

ask me in a couple weeks.

I literally just sent a PM to another member about this. his response will determine whether or not I buy fiberglass supplies next week, or if I'm dropping my stuff off at his place...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a previous life, I did glass and cf repairs on jets. But we had way cool tools like vacuum forms and shit that made it look really good. In Jinu's case, it's just the belly pan, so I think we could prolly do that easy. How much of your shit needs repaired, Chris?

Oh boy! Sounds like there will be a "Fiberglass Repair 101" class taking place at some OR persons house soon. Professor is: RVTPilot. Students are required to bring own broken shit and repair materials. 1/2 credit hour.

:D

since we're talking about communal repairs, does anyone know how to fiberglass fairings? the bottom fairing mr. gracious R1gagger gave me has a big scrape on the bottom that needs fixed and i have a fiberglass repair kit, just no idear how to use it.

I repaired a portion of the ones I bought. Held up great in my crash and will be repairing again shortly. What's your question?

Resin + hardener + dunked fiberglass and plenty more resin applied via a paint brush. Make sure the fiberglass extends well beyond the crack (like 3 inches) and you should be fine. Its going to smell real bad, I would suggest using it outside

I repaired a portion of the ones I bought. Held up great in my crash and will be repairing again shortly. What's your question?

I learn by: 1. watching and by 2. trying

If I try without watching or guidance, I take fooooreeeever and get so nervous, I screw it up. I'll have to get with one of these guys near me and get them to help me with it. Otherwise, the next time you guys see me, my bike will look pregnant with 15lbs of resin in the belly pan lolololol

Oh boy! Sounds like there will be a "Fiberglass Repair 101" class taking place at some OR persons house soon. Professor is: RVTPilot. Students are required to bring own broken shit and repair materials. 1/2 credit hour.

:D

I have 2 major breaks on the upper fairing, including some semi "technical" work around one of the ram-air ducts.

other than that, my tail got crunched a little, and the upper "ears" are cracked in a few placed on the portion that extends up by the wind screen.

My plan is to do some trial and error on the parts that only need minor repair, and then hopefully learn enough to do a decent job on the 2 major breaks.

I am unavailable this weekend, but I think the following weekend is open if people want to drink beers in my garage and make a mess with resin. We just have to make a serious effort to keep the dogs away from anything sticky...

this shows most of it. you can see how the tail got a little squished, and where the upper needs the most work. The missing portion of the upper has some relatively significant damage to the ram air tube that will be a little tough, and kind of important for seating the tubes...

311246_753811917930_21903818_37806630_501810_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually talking to Steve about this a couple days ago. We were thinking that we need a central location for those to come to and a preferred day. Steve (the teach) and I were thinking of this Sunday possibly but we didn't come up with a location.

I'm sure he's lurking and will pipe up once he sees us talking about him.

the lovely hills of concord township ohio would be the perfect central place lolololol

anywhere near downtown or nearby suburbs with a decent garage would be ok i would think? anyone want to volunteer? i just know it takes me an hour to get to whereever it is r1coprophiliac lives.

the lovely hills of concord township ohio would be the perfect central place lolololol

anywhere near downtown or nearby suburbs with a decent garage would be ok i would think? anyone want to volunteer? i just know it takes me an hour to get to whereever it is r1coprophiliac lives.

My garage can be available tomorrow. (saturday)

I haven't actually bought any fiberglass resin or mat yet though.

how many people are actually planning on showing up? I do have massive quantities of inexpensive light beer at the moment...

i have one of those fiberglass repair kits. if there is enough in there for both of us, you're welcome to it.

however, i can't do tomorrow though cause apparently, in motherland, easter is on fucking saturday (actually it's cause my 3 month old niece is on a tight eating/sleeping schedule and they're coming from cbus).