Wanting to buy some Plastic Cleaner, but don't know which one.

namtugeoj

I was always told to use Soap and Water when cleaning your windshield and face shield. But have nasty tough to get off stuff on my windshield. I did some research and found a couple of products but have to get them on the internet like amazon. Wanted to hear your thoughts on what is good or not good to use.

The products I found were Plas-tec, Craftics 20/20, Plexus, Meguiar's mirror Glaze, Novus plastics Cleaner. A few choices here but only one or two I found on amazon.

What have you used that I may be able to get local?

Kroger-brand Windex has always done the trick for me, just have to work at it sometimes...

For face shields (bug removal, etc.) you may need to use "slightly more" (read: A LOT) and soak the shield.

Maybe mix in a little cheesecloth? It will give you a little "texture" when scrubbing, but shouldn't scratch as long as you're even semi-careful about it. :dunno:

For dried bug goo on the faceshield, I've always just left a wet paper towel lay spread across for about 5 minutes. The splats reconstitute, then I wipe them off with the same paper towel and dry with another...Have never had the need for a cleaner.

For dried bug goo on the faceshield, I've always just left a wet paper towel lay spread across for about 5 minutes. The splats reconstitute, then I wipe them off with the same paper towel and dry with another...Have never had the need for a cleaner.

Ill try that when I get home tonight..... as for scratches from rocks and other shitty things flying at you?

Oh i was told to stay clear of Windex. Just the brand name but the off brand is ok?

Kroger-brand 'cause I'm "frugal"...;)

I've cleaned my face shield and windshield with it plenty of times without issue, but yrmv.

Iron pony doesn't have the Honda spray cleaner and Polish But they do have Plexus. Is that comparable?

Honda stopped putting their name on it, I think it's called Original or something like that. The can labelling is roughly the same. Here's the amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Spray-Cleaner-Polish/dp/B00383T62O

Honda stopped putting their name on it, I think it's called Original or something like that. The can labelling is roughly the same. Here's the amazon link:

Amazon.com: Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish: Automotive

Yup Just bought It from Amazon or well on amazon. 5.99 plus 7.00 for shipping. Should be here in a couple days.

I was always told to use Soap and Water when cleaning your windshield and face shield. But have nasty tough to get off stuff on my windshield. I did some research and found a couple of products but have to get them on the internet like amazon. Wanted to hear your thoughts on what is good or not good to use.

The products I found were Plas-tec, Craftics 20/20, Plexus, Meguiar's mirror Glaze, Novus plastics Cleaner. A few choices here but only one or two I found on amazon.

What have you used that I may be able to get local?

Plexus is amazing at cleaning plastic and helmets of all the bugs and road grime.

Honda still offers thier brand of polish and the Original brand mentioned is available as well.

cleanerII.jpg

Iron Pony has you covered for bike cleaning products. Stop by or give us a call, we'll get you fixed up.

cleaner.jpg