Hello from Jamestown

2fat2fly

I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Mike and I'm from Jamestown. I've been a street rider since 1985. I've had several bikes since then. My current 3 are a 1991 ZX7R (a real ZX7R with all the goodies), a 2000 ZX12R that I'm fabbing a turbo system for and a 1987 YSR50 I built from boxes of parts.

0505101821-00-1.jpg

HPIM1933-1.jpg

I've had the ZX12R since April of 2000. I bought it new from Vista Kawasaki in Kettering. They had already received a red one an mine was the first green one they got in.

img059-1.jpg

The turbo system is in work and not complete.

HPIM2315-1.jpg

HPIM1464-1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everybody. I appreciate it.

:welcome: use to live in Jamestown and father still lives there across from Debs on 35 in town.

Do you own that shop on 35? Your fabbing of a turbo makes me want to ask.

It's cool to stumble onto somebody with local roots. to answer your question: I don't own any shops unfortunately. I'm an aircraft mechanic and my brother is a certified welder. I designed the system in my head and he and I built it. I work on airplanes to provide for my family. Tinkering on bikes is my hobby.

:cool: Ever want to ride around greene, warren, and clinton county let me know.

Thanks. I will. I used to work at Airborne Express in Wilmington and I'ved lived in Greene county all my life. There are some decent roads out this way,but I'm sure you already knew that.I go to the dragstrip occasionally. That's why I'm trying to get my ZX12R done.It knows it's way around dragstrips.

Small world, grape use to work at your former employer too, I use to live in Jamestown, you are an airplane mechanic and I am an aerospace machinist.

...and you sent me a private message once on ZX12R.org/Kawasakiworld a few years ago. :lol:

Edited by NinjaNick

Small world, grape use to work at your former employer too, I use to live in Jamestown, you are an airplane mechanic and I am an aerospace machinist.

...and you sent me a private message once on ZX12R.org/Kawasakiworld a few years ago. :lol:

Truly a small world.