Cheap utility fourwheelers

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Girlfriend wants a fourwheeler for her birthday/Christmas. Around 1300-1700 bucks is what I want to spend. What should I look for? This will be her first wheeler but she has putted around on my Z400 before, but I would like to find one with auto or clutch less shifting just for easy of use. (do they make clutch less shifting on them?)

Honda recon 250 electric shift. I got one, good enough for me or the kids to ride and pretty much bullet proof. I think it's called a 250es.

Edited by Gump

find a cheap yamaha grizzly....all automatic, just sit on it and hit the thumb throttle ....easy mode

ive seen some older lower cc grizzlys go for dirt cheap....look at big bears too

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/2912096637.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/for/2897981036.html

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2899298825.html

not sure if big bears were all standard or not, worth asking though....the newer ones are auto, not sure if it was an option on the older ones or not

Edited by Steve Butters

I like those Yamahas, Esp the one with the plow as thats why I told her I would get her one becuase if we get the house we are looking at the drive way is about 1000ft long...She said she would plow it with a fourwheeler. We g camping with the fourwheelers 4-5 weeks a year so now I wont have to haul her around.

• 1 month later...

Ended up getting a 04 400ex off the neighbor. Needs a new bearing carrier, back brakes, tyres and ignition switch. Has a lone star 2+ axle, pro circuit pipe , pro tapers, nerf bars, MSR clutch perch. Got the rear end tore down already ordering parts tomorrow once my friend get back to the atv shop. Ill get pics some time soon.

400 utility would be good for plowing. You probably would have been disappointed with a 250 for plowing. I've got a brute force 750.that I plow with.

Edited by crb

400 should be good for plowing. You probably would have been disappointed with a 250 for plowing. I've got a brute force 750.that I plow with.

:nono:

Uuuhhhmmm...a 400EX is not something you want to put a plow on. The first wet snow over 3" will stop it in it's tracks w/ a plow. It's a race quad, not a utility quad. Not enough weight and not 4WD.

You're not going to get anything bigger than a 250 in a 4WD utility quad for that price more than likely. I like King Quad's personally. I bought one for my father back in '08...a 450AXi with a winch and plow. Plenty of power to out run larger displacement Honda's, Kawi's, etc. Never had any issues plowing heavy wet snow. Push button 4WD w/ full locking differentials! That is fucking awesome IF you can get it stuck. Fully independent suspension. It's a beast in a small package.

Just my $.02.

:D

Uuuhhhmmm...a 400EX is not something you want to put a plow on. The first wet snow over 3" will stop it in it's tracks w/ a plow. It's a race quad, not a utility quad. Not enough weight and not 4WD.

You're not going to get anything bigger than a 250 in a 4WD utility quad for that price more than likely. I like King Quad's personally. I bought one for my father back in '08...a 450AXi with a winch and plow. Plenty of power to out run larger displacement Honda's, Kawi's, etc. Never had any issues plowing heavy wet snow. Push button 4WD w/ full locking differentials! That is fucking awesome IF you can get it stuck. Fully independent suspension. It's a beast in a small package.

Just my $.02.

Yea I realized it was s race quad not utility after the fact.

My brute is a beast I have to watch myself on it. Real easy to put the front end in the air. I accidently jumped it off a small dirt pile one day. Scared the wife, and I about shit myself. I really didn't mean to jump it lol. I landed it very well. I thought about getting a chip for it, but my 10 yr old brother inlaw rides it sometimes. 67 mph top end stock and it here there quick. Does a good job plowing too even better after I added a spreader for weight. I cleared waist deep (@4') with ease.

I need to pickup an offroad helmet. :D

Edited by crb

Just my $.02.

That thing was more then $.02 more like $12,000 haha.