WTB: Ducati 748/996 body work.

baptizo

I had a freakish incident earlier today riding my Duc back home on I-77 N - the upper and lower fairings literally flew off of the bike after crossing the second bridge crossing just south of Portage.

After assessing the damage, I need the following parts:

Upper Nose

right upper

right lower

left lower is optional due to damage where the two lowers connect at the radiator cover

misc. hardware - two OEM connectors, two OEM fasteners

My Duc is yellow but will settle for pretty much any color just to get something back on there to ride.

I had a freakish incident earlier today riding my Duc back home on I-77 N - the upper and lower fairings literally flew off of the bike after crossing the second bridge crossing just south of Portage.

After assessing the damage, I need the following parts:

Upper Nose

right upper

right lower

left lower is optional due to damage where the two lowers connect at the radiator cover

misc. hardware - two OEM connectors, two OEM fasteners

My Duc is yellow but will settle for pretty much any color just to get something back on there to ride.

Sorry, I can't help but check in over at desmohio.com and somebody might be able to help.

You can give the bike to me and I'll deal with the issues mentioned.. I'll even pick it up :)

-VanDy

Bring $5k with you and you can have it - clean title plus a bunch of spare parts and tools.

I have a carbon fiber upper in good shape. Feel free to make me an offer. It's tough to find an upper in good shape for reason. Check eBay as well.

Carbon fiber, yummy.

I found a full set minus the rear tail piece on Ducati.ms but the guy wants to sell everything else OEM for the bike which I don't need.

Strip it naked and put a set of bars on it and make it into a monster style street fighter.

LOL, have seen how ugly a 748/916/996 is naked? It ain't a pretty sight right now with the upper/lowers off on both sides but I will be out on it "naked" until I find what I need.

Not that I really gave a shit riding it with one side gone, either.

Well, I've got a line on a set of Sharkskins for $600 but that'll only take care of the upper/lowers on both sides + radiator cover and extra's if I put it on the track (tail, upper race nose) which still leaves the damaged right side of the OEM upper nose to deal with.

The carbon bits mentioned earlier with a fiberglass mono tail is $1700....ouch.

Bring $5k with you and you can have it - clean title plus a bunch of spare parts and tools.

if i had the cash laying around I would be there!!! I always preferred them over the 749, just something about those headlights that I never cared for.. although most ducatisti call me crazy for loving the lines on my bike...

1522c601.jpg

also take a look at www.cadre-club.org (cinci area ducati riders and enthusiast)

if i had the cash laying around I would be there!!! I always preferred them over the 749, just something about those headlights that I never cared for.. although most ducatisti call me crazy for loving the lines on my bike...

1522c601.jpg

also take a look at www.cadre-club.org (cinci area ducati riders and enthusiast)

I love the lines on your bike, too, and yep, Ducati yellow rocks!

As for my 748/996 frankenstein, it's becoming a love/hate relationship but leaning more towards the love side at the moment.

Man, that sucks to see. What happened? fasteners all come off at the same time?

It looks like one of the fasteners failed, two of them connect the upper to the nose piece and the second one (you might be able to see where it cracked the upper) may have caused it to break away and fly off.

Pure speculation on my part since all I saw was a piece of something yellow fly by my head (thought it was the fender) after I heard a popping sound.

I might have found what I need off of a yellow 748S from a fellow Ducatisti who is also into Hawks.

I have a carbon fiber upper in good shape. Feel free to make me an offer. It's tough to find an upper in good shape for reason. Check eBay as well.

jbot,

The upper is for both sides?

And is it the one listed on CL?

I bought a rashed up 996 red RH upper & lower fairing for $80 and got it mounted this evening.

Ugly but structurally fine:

picture.php?albumid=1462&pictureid=15690

picture.php?albumid=1462&pictureid=15691

I also managed to get the Dzus fastener to work on the cracked part of the upper nose:

picture.php?albumid=1462&pictureid=15692

I have two complete LH & RH fairings in very good condition on the way but in red - they'll just have to do until I decide what to do with the paint. I also have the CF upper nose from jbot and a fiberglass upper nose as spares. Additionally, I have a CF fender and CF chin spoiler on the way.

Derek, my uncle painted my plastics, I'm sure he can do yours and he lives like, right around the corner from you. Pick a color, get the ppg code and he should have you turned around under 2 weeks for under a grand. We can talk about this tomorrow.