What kind of trailer hitch should I get?

JStump

I work in a shop and it's time I start contributing more to the site/group. I have free reign when I'm not on the clock. I would be more than happy to help.

If you didn't live so far away I would take you up on that offer.

i didnt need a weight slip for mine. i just looked it up and told the dmv. maybe it works differently in different counties?

edit: on second thought, maybe it came with a cert of origin or something? i really don't remember now

Edited by jbot
nubsauce

Just thought of something, how do you register a trailer to get plates? Is there a title or something? How does this work?

new ones comes with a cert. of origin that has the weight on it..if not get a slip form the BMV and get it weighed at any certified scale

Another thing to add. If doing the install yourself don't use the stupid scotch quick connects If the wiring is outside the car (like behind the taillights but not in the body). Im haveing an electrical nightmare right now rewiring all my taillights because the previous owner used these and did no waterproofing so all the cooper inside the wires corroded over time. Such a nuisance.

I have the plug and play harness coming, I have done splicing and quick connects in previous cars and it never ends well. I am doing everything right on this car because I don't want to ruin my brand new car.

I have the plug and play harness coming, I have done splicing and quick connects in previous cars and it never ends well. I am doing everything right on this car because I don't want to ruin my brand new car.

most of the plug and play ones have zinc coated terminals in the plug that wont cerrode