Alpinestars GP Pro Gauntlet Gloves

BDBGoalie

DSCN1627.JPG?gl=US

DSCN1628.JPG?gl=US

$200 (September 2011)

I got these to replace a set of damaged SP-1s that I had been using for a few seasons.

The feel I get from theses gloves is awesome. It really feels like you're wearing a second skin. I really like the level of control they allow me.

The interior is really soft and comfortable. The top of the interior is lined with Kevlar. They fit snug, and stretch a little bit, but not much. I'd advise trying a pair on before you buy, or go through a company with a good exchange program.

The armor seems well built with padding, extra leather, and plates in the high risk crash areas. The 3rd and 4th finger bridge is a nice extra feature for me, but I also only use 1-2 fingers on my levers.

They flow decent air, but being a protection focused glove, your hands will sweat a bit if its really hot out. They're fine in 70°s - low 80°s for me. They stay decently warm in the mid 50°s as well.

The only downside is the cost. $200 is a hefty price to pay for a pair of gloves. However, I find the comfort and feel they give me makes up for that. I'll never ride without gloves because these are so comfortable.

Overall I love them. Well worth the money for me. I will update this review after my track day on the 12th. I will try and snap some pictures when I'm home next as well.

Edited by BDBGoalie
Updated Pictures

I'm going to roll the dice on a pair of Handroids and see how they are. Since I ride mostly track anymore I've always needed the extra level of protection and that always comes with a higher price tag unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...