Carb jet broke...help

rawlins87

But ya, he is right, they look normal from the pics shown, the pic you posted looks like 2 piolet jets. And your holding a pilot and main jet :)

Btw my fault for looking at a wrong pic of the main jets(they were.hidden in the shadows, bad camera.shot) and the pic said main/pilot jets(along with a bunch of other parts) thanks for the correction, I dont wanna put out bad info(although I was bout to doublecheck myself anyhows :) )

The jets don't change dimensions' date=' or thread pitch. The two jets in his first pic are a main, and a pilot. Nothing is broken. Everything is as it should be.

The part that he thinks is the other half of the 'broken' jet is the bottom of the needle jet. It gets removed from the top-half of the carburetor.[/quote']

I tried to edit that b4 anyone actually read it lol :)

Who are you talking to' date=' and what pic are you talking about?[/quote']

Him in the first part, you in the 2nd and a pic I didnt post, ill post it here so you can see how crappy it is, give me a sec and ill edit this post with the pic im refering to.

Edit-this pic, looks better enlarged, but I didnt enlarge it from the google img search(and my.screen is small.so was kinda blurry)

900_Ninja_021.jpg

Edited by Exarch

Working on cleaning the old jets...idle jet is completely clogged...can't see light thru it and can't get Carb cleaner thru it.

Let it sit overnight in a bowl of carburetor cleaner. Use compressed air and a blow gun to dislodge any remaining debris. You can also buy a "torch head cleaning tool". Any NAPA should have one. It looks like this...

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/hawkeyes_bucket/100_4303.jpg

Piano wire/guitar string also does wonders if you are trying to get it together in a day. Otherwise soaking is the best way to clean any part of the carbs; much harder to muck it up if you aren't touching it.