taking off the fairings

Exarch

20120420_104425.jpg

cant figure out where this goes :( came off when I took off the back left fairing. I dont see anything like thos on the right side. All the gaskets seem in place, just have no clue where.this big one goes.

That gos where the rear tail section lock for the back seat

My girls bike is protons front led blinks and after market led tail lights with blinkers in it

go to ebay and get your self some led resistors all you do is splice them in to the rear blinker wiring they jump on each wire pos. to neg. that how you install the check out Utube for install on the front fuse relay if you are going to the dragon in june I being some tool to fix this for you. just get back to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-6ohm-50W-LED-LOAD-RESISTOR-TURN-SIGNAL-FOG-RUNNING-FIX-ERROR-HYPERFLASH-BULB-/230684940301?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b5e4d80d

this is what you need to fix that power control

If you install dont let it touch any part because when you turn on the blinker it warm up for the power surge you are getting power feed back from the leds so it shorting the blinkers out and if not fixed you could burn them out.s.gif$%28KGrHqJ,%21m%21E6J1elJM4BOk3+Jt3ug%7E%7E_12.JPG

s.gif

Sell one like this

Edited by wht_scorpion

My girls bike is protons front led blinks and after market led tail lights with blinkers in it

go to ebay and get your self some led resistors all you do is splice them in to the rear blinker wiring they jump on each wire pos. to neg. that how you install the check out Utube for install on the front fuse relay if you are going to the dragon in june I being some tool to fix this for you. just get back to me.

Honestly, I wouldn't waste your time. He won't read this anyway.

On that third pic I don't see resistors. I see wire, wrenches, broken mirror, pack of cigarettes and keys, but no resistors.

Find the hot wire and tap the resistor wire into it, or splice the resistor wire into the hot wire. How you do this is up to you, just understand that a) the resistor gets HOT, plan accordingly and b) if you fuck this up, you're going to be chasing wiring issues for a while.

Those yellow wires are the resisters there is also 4 other peices to it which I didnt post, sorry I honestly did not see.your post b4 I put my bike back together. ill post a pic of the resistor and a link to.the website.with the resisters, mine are the same thing.

Ill try this tomorrow.when I tear the bike down again.

Three people have already told you where to wire the resistors in...I'm starting to wonder if you actually read these replies.

I honestly missed cheechs post, that would of been REALLY useful if I had seen it. Im not dickin around here and im obviously not just cutting wires and messing with the wires just for the fun of.it. the relay simple to do. I just cut off the connector on the custom led relay, stripped the wire, stuck my wires in 2 disconnectors, crimped them, stuck the disconnectors in the connector, used some tape and wala rear blinkers work fine now :)

also I didnt realize where that gasket came from cuz it wasnt obvious till I put the rear fairings back on.

Gotta give me some.credit.though for.figuring the.shit out, this is the 1st time ive took my bike apart, and im not gunna do something unless ik 100% positive it is correct, espesially when it comes to wiring. The only wiring background I have is when it comes to computers(comes easy to me idk why) but the wires on my bike were confusing as all amd the diagram was useless cuz i.had no clue.how to understand it(sounded easier than it looked lol)

I am in no way shape or form mechanically inclined, sure I used to CNC(just means I know my tools and I know how to do programming) sure I can change oil and other fluids, aure I can change a tire, sure I can do welding, sure I can name all thr parts of an engine on a semi... But as far as wiring goes or any real work im clueless.

• Upvote 1

http://www.customled.com//products/load_equalizer/load_equalizer.htm

SORRY I am an idiot. Ive been calling these resistors, I meant load equalizers. I know I fail, this is what I have, the stage 1 load equalizers. I need to put these on my bike(not resistors) I was wondering why when I was looking up resistors the wires were.2 diff colors and they almost all had some box thingy in the middle.

Again im sorry for naming the wrong part, dont shoot me im new at this. I dont know names of parts well yet, nore can I recognize a part.by name. I apparently dont need a resistor on my bike(I dont think) I need the load equalizers on my bike. And if that doesnt solve my problem(like the link above sais it should) then back to the drawing board then ill worry about resistors(if ide still need em) later.

So please can we keep on topic about this so that I dont get confused? Im looking for valuable input and help (which I appreciate cooter and skull and everyone else) I asked for advice on the wrong part and I got the correct answer(I think :dunno: ) but, thats usless for now unless these equalizers do not work like they should.

So now my question is wtf do I do with these equalizers? The directions say its simple, but im a retard so I need it broken down into baby steps.

Unfortunately this only fixes my rear lights, not my protons :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4X-6ohm-50W-LED-LOAD-RESISTOR-TURN-SIGNAL-FOG-RUNNING-FIX-ERROR-HYPERFLASH-BULB-/230684940301?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b5e4d80d

this is what you need to fix that power control

If you install dont let it touch any part because when you turn on the blinker it warm up for the power surge you are getting power feed back from the leds so it shorting the blinkers out and if not fixed you could burn them out.s.gif$%28KGrHqJ,%21m%21E6J1elJM4BOk3+Jt3ug%7E%7E_12.JPG

s.gif

Sell one like this

Ill try this if my load equalizers do not work(which im hoping they will) I already bought some super expensive Etape that will do the trick with the hot wires if it comes down to this. I never knew Etape could cost so much :lol: $7 for a super tiny roll, I think its only like 6ft long and SUPER thick and water.resistant and heat resistant. I was gunna get.the huge roll for $0.67 but didnt want to use cheapo shit on my bike.

So now my question is wtf do I do with these equalizers? The directions say its simple, but im a retard so I need it broken down into baby steps.

My answer is look it up your goddamn self. This isn't your own personal Livejournal. We're all about giving noobs starting out advice, until they show that all they are are postwhores and completely ignore valid advice from experienced riders (Brian) and mechanics (Isaac's Papa).

You got Google on your phone? Get fucking cracking.

• Upvote 1

Post 30-34 are all yours, this is awesome. I like keeping tab son how things are going.

Let some of us other guys post too!

Sorry, trying to give feedback on everyones post. its a bitch to multiquote on my phone cuz I have to quote, select all, copy, go back, quote paste, select all, copy. Eveytime I want to quote more than one person.

Thanks for your input though, ill start multi quoting, I didnt realize this botherd people.

My answer is look it up your goddamn self. This isn't your own personal Livejournal. We're all about giving noobs starting out advice, until they show that all they are are postwhores and completely ignore valid advice from experienced riders (Brian) and mechanics (Isaac's Papa).

hahahahahahahhaa LiveJournal reference FTW. I want to rep this but I'm out already

I did use google first b4 I posted, I even used the diagram, but my problem is im not sure of the location to place the load equalizers. I understand how they work, im just not sure how to place them.

(attaching these to my protons)

Step 1 remove fairings

Step 2 strip/splice the 2 wires

Step 3 attach equalizer

step 4 tape it up

Step 5 put fairings back on.

That part is simple enough, but im sort of confused on exactly to make the cut at. Does it need to be at the front of the bike(b4 the connector) or at the back(after the connector)

I know the resisters are placed at the back(from the YouTube I watched) but as far as the load equalizers go im not sure if it matters where they are placed or not. again im not an electriction and I dont want to strip/splice the wrong thing.

I'm not fucking joking, I'm not enabling you to go back out and wrap yourself and your bike around a guardrail.

You want to put your shit back together, you either pay someone (and hopefully the cost would force you to start listening to the mountains of experience that exist on OR), you acknowledge that this may not end well for you and sell the bike, or you hack it together and keep rolling the dice when you go out there and hope it doesn't hit snake-eyes. Honestly, I really hope the latter isn't the case, but suffice it to say we've seen behavior like this before and it rarely ends well. Either way, I've given about all the advice I'm going to give to you.

I'm not fucking joking, I'm not enabling you to go back out and wrap yourself and your bike around a guardrail.

You want to put your shit back together, you either pay someone (and hopefully the cost would force you to start listening to the mountains of experience that exist on OR), you acknowledge that this may not end well for you and sell the bike, or you hack it together and keep rolling the dice when you go out there and hope it doesn't hit snake-eyes. Honestly, I really hope the latter isn't the case, but suffice it to say we've seen behavior like this before and it rarely ends well. Either way, I've given about all the advice I'm going to give to you.

Ive had this problem b4 the wreck, the bike runs fine, im just trying to get the.protons.working correctly(so its safer)

Monday morning im gunna call and try to schedule a MSF for myself.

I dont see how fixing a turn signal yourself is a bad thing :dunno: its not a money issue, if i.wanted.to pay someone to.do.it for me I wouldn.. Its a getting to know my bike better and a learning experience(im a hands on guy, its how I learn)

My girls 09 ninja 250r had the same problem so that's how I fixed it replace flasher relay that's under the front seat for the proton front blinkers. She turned them on to use them they worked great. then I hooked up her after market brake light with led blinker in the rear. She went to go use them and her front blinkers was getting a lot of power feed back from the tail lights. So I hooked up the resistors in the tail and zip tied the to the bar under the back side fairing so air could keep them cool because long period of running the blinkers the resistors get a little warm. Dude Go to U-tube and check out Led ninja 250r.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is cut one of the wires going to each of your turn signals. Then slap one of your resistors in there.

so, cut... then strip... then theoretically slide a shrinkwrap on...then twist them together... then theoretically solder, then theoretically shrink the wrap... then apply your too expensive electrical tape. it's not necessary btw... then they should blink slower, and only on the designated side.

btw props for dealing with cheech's asshole. (that thing is a hairy mess.)

So im taking ofd my fairings tomorrow mornimg to figure out my electrical problem(hazards come on when I hit either signal :dunno: ) any thoughts on what could ne causing this? Also what else should I be checking for while I have.the fairings off to.do.my electrical work? keep in mind I plan on tearing the bike down and putting it back together in about.a 2 hour time frame, so nothing complicated please :)

Edit- aftermarket LEDs. Custom led integrated tail. Proton flush mounts. both show hazards on(aswell as the blinker light) ninja 250r has no hazards and no aftermarket hazard switch installed. Doesnt matter if I flip the left or right signal, hazards come on regardless.

Also is it possible to buy a bar end screw(OEM) without buying a new bar end? my dad stripped the screw(said it was slightly bent) so im gunna take off my left bar end till I figure that problem out.

Thanks in advance[/quote

First you need am upgrade on flasher to electronic. Second you need diode mod. Third http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24500

Then

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36477

I installed protons last week had same issue with them all flashing. Got the diode kit yesterday and took the bike apart. I have to get smaller connectors today so I can finish it. You need to go to ninjette.com to get the step by step on our bikes. They have threads for all sorts of mods with picks. It is what I have been using.

So im taking ofd my fairings tomorrow mornimg to figure out my electrical problem(hazards come on when I hit either signal :dunno: ) any thoughts on what could ne causing this? Also what else should I be checking for while I have.the fairings off to.do.my electrical work? keep in mind I plan on tearing the bike down and putting it back together in about.a 2 hour time frame, so nothing complicated please :)

Edit- aftermarket LEDs. Custom led integrated tail. Proton flush mounts. both show hazards on(aswell as the blinker light) ninja 250r has no hazards and no aftermarket hazard switch installed. Doesnt matter if I flip the left or right signal, hazards come on regardless.

Also is it possible to buy a bar end screw(OEM) without buying a new bar end? my dad stripped the screw(said it was slightly bent) so im gunna take off my left bar end till I figure that problem out.

Thanks in advance[/quote

First you need am upgrade on flasher to electronic. Second you need diode mod. Third http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24500

Then

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36477

I already upgraded the flasher relay :) the diode would be another option though, I read those yesterday when doing some research and saw, like u said, most peopoe recomend the diode :) diode/resistors whichever I can get the.quickest will be my next option if these load equalizers dont solve my problem :)

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is cut one of the wires going to each of your turn signals. Then slap one of your resistors in there.

so, cut... then strip... then theoretically slide a shrinkwrap on...then twist them together... then theoretically solder, then theoretically shrink the wrap... then apply your too expensive electrical tape. it's not necessary btw... then they should blink slower, and only on the designated side.

btw props for dealing with cheech's asshole. (that thing is a hairy mess.)

Well, the load equalizers that im gunna try first have thise red clipons, so when I split the wires up im not sure if I need to attach them to a single strip of wire or leave them seperated. They sort.of connect the.2 wires together, hell I may be over thinking it and it might not matter wether its cut or not and will work either way?

My girls 09 ninja 250r had the same problem so that's how I fixed it replace flasher relay that's under the front seat for the proton front blinkers. She turned them on to use them they worked great. then I hooked up her after market brake light with led blinker in the rear. She went to go use them and her front blinkers was getting a lot of power feed back from the tail lights. So I hooked up the resistors in the tail and zip tied the to the bar under the back side fairing so air could keep them cool because long period of running the blinkers the resistors get a little warm. Dude Go to U-tube and check out Led ninja 250r.

I saw the youtube on the DIY resistors.:) I didnt try unpluging my led tail to check the protons though. Hopefully those load equalizers will have a similar effect on my blikers as the.resistors do, atleast thats what the manufacture claims.

When I put the fender elim kit on Snots ninja, the LED rear turns worked fine but I had to swap out the flasher relay with the LED compliant version ( part# EL34 ) and when she added her front Protons to the mix, the relay didnt workagain - Like whtscorpion said, they backfeed due to only having 1 turn signal indicator on the instrument cluster - so, you have to split the circuit with the diode kit would be the simplest fix as the resistors DO build heat with extended use.

Before you do anymore upgrades check the diy threads on ninjette they have done it all. The step by steps that some have put together are great and they are for our bikes. I trust everyone here as well but I know the other site is just for ninja 250s and have pics.