taking off the fairings

Exarch

We completed the mod for my protons. All works great! Front and rear led new electronic flasher and diode mod all works great

I ordered these the other day, cuz apparently I need atleast 2 sets of equalizers per side...

http://www.customled.com/products/250R_diode_kit/250r_diode_kit.htm

Right now my bike has 2 sets of turn signals :lol: (couldnt believe it actually worked, I was just dickin around =/) tomorrow im gunna lose the protons and keep the stock till this kit comes in :)

I have 2 extra screws and I have no clue where they go

20120428_113547.jpg

These are the extra screws

Im missing 2 screws on the plastic next to my radiator

20120428_113608.jpg

These screws do not fit here

There are 2 other places on the bike that have the same diameter screw

Here on the other side of the mirror

20120428_113701.jpg

And here above the radiator

20120428_113642.jpg

The 2 extra screws are too small for any of these places, but the 4 other screws seem interchangeable...

Cutrently I have the Philips screw attached to the other side of the mirror(black head silver screw) & the silver screw with the big hex head attached above the radiator. I know im not missing screws and I know I dont have extra screws, I just cant figure out which screws I got wrong :(

Posted via Mobile Device

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where these go, or if your willing to take a quick peak at your bike snot and tell me if you notice any of these screws. They should be in plain site :)

Im probably gunna feel dumb since its probably obvious where they go :lol:

Thanks in advance yall.

no idea but almost every time i've taken my bike apart i've had 1 or 2 leftover. This time with the vfr i took the extra 30 seconds and labelled all the screws

I was gunna take pics, but it just came apart so easy :lol:

Lesson learned(not really, this always happens)

Maybe snot or abdecal can save my ass :)

Although im glad im not the only one who has run into this problem.

Or when you remove the fairing you can put them back in the hole finger tight. That's what I did to keep the screws in order when I did the fairing swap on my old cbr. But after doing the fairing swap on the cbr I don't want to deal with fairings. They are a pain. That's why my rc51 is a street fighter.

The go in the front black plastic that is attached to the side farings (by the radiator). If you still can find them let me know and I will take pics.

doh, I should of checked back b4 I left Huber, oh well ill look for it Monday or Wednesday, or if my wife is up it maybe even tonight.

I think I know where your talking bout, but I dont see how I got the lower gauge screw in there when.the.higher.gauge.screw shoulda been there :dunno: I guess ill find out when I go back to work on the bike again, atleast if nothing else I know the general area to look for :)

Thanks again snot, what would I do without you :lol:

you don't even need to call.

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/

click where it says register for class. ;)

Woot, registered for 8/4-8/5 only day that didnt require me to call off work 3days in a row. Too bad its early as hell in the morning, I was hopin to find a later class. Oh well, atleast im signed up and paid for now :)

Thanks oldschool

• Upvote 1

My two cents.

Penny one: you need more nos in your tank.

Penny two: more holes in frame.

Yutt ughh

I usually drink a nos or 2 b4 I do anything.

More holes means more screws, more screws means more shit for me to screw up :)

Vroom Vroom :)

Make sure to bring plenty to drink and some things to snack on when your on the bike. When I did mine made the mistake of not bringing enough to drink in the hot heat.

good idea, I usually dont come prepared and wish I had sometimes. I dont know why I always expect refreshmens or a long enoung break to get what I need. Hopefully ill remember, if not I have plenty of HOT water in my trunk :lol: