Woot = Off Brand Go Pro ?

madcat6183

Okay, Im cheap, and just spent $$ on fixing the bike, only to find another issue I need to hammer our real fast. Then I realized I most likely am the only dude at track days and racing without one of the nice little GoPro's, so is this any good?

http://www.woot.com/

Swann FreeStyle 1080p Action Cam

$139.99

+ $5 shipping

CONDITION:

New

PRODUCT:

1 Swann SWVID-SPORTL Freestyle 1080p HD Action Cam w/ Waterproof Case, Detachable LCD Screen & Remote

It looks even bigger than the GoPro. I also think at how much bouncing it had on those video examples, it would be pretty bad on a bike, but not sure...

I think for what, $40-$60 less than a GoPro, you would be better off trying to find a Contour or GoPro on sale...

I think for what, $40-$60 less than a GoPro, you would be better off trying to find a Contour or GoPro on sale...

this! My contour I got for like $80 brand new. It doesn't have bells and whistles but it takes good video which is all I cared.

You can find good condition GoPro HD for $150 if you're patient

Youre paying $20 less for an off-brand camera. Why not just pony up for the GoPro?

I know you said you were cheap, but I think $20 is definitely worth the name brand and reputation of GoPro...assuming this off-brand even performs as well as GoPro.

Theres always deals out there for NEW GoPro HDs or HD capable (720p). Just do a search on these forums...you see what types of prices it can get down too.

I've got a GoPro Hero Wide Angle that I think I'm gonna get rid of too.

It might as well be brand new. I seriously used it 1 track day at Beaver. I forgot to turn it on half the time, and never did anything with the videos I did take.

I'll throw that one out there for $80 since this is turning into a for sale/want to buy thread, lol.