Paving Updates

drc32-0

I love new pavement on twisty roads!Here's a few of the paving projects I've came across recently.If anyone else knows of a good road being paved,please let us know.

669 form Eaglesport to Crooksville in Morgan and Perry counties is in the process of being paved.The base layer is complete both ways and should be getting a finish layer this week.A section of 669 is shared with 555 for about 8 miles.

685 from Jackson(just south of Glouster on 13) to Buchtel (North of Nelsonville on 78) is just about done.Base layer is done in both directions and the finish layer is complete in th westbound lane.I've been waiting for this road to get paved for about 7 years,it's short at about 6 miles,but there's some good riding here.

691 in Athens county between 33 and 56 is being preped and should begin paving this week.The paving equipment is sitting at the south end.This we'll be fun!

Edited by drc32-0

• 2 weeks later...

691 has the base layer down in both directions and the finish layer down for about 2/3 of its length in the north bound lane and a little less in the south bound lane.A very good ride with just the base layer.

Here's a snaky section in the middle of 691 today...

IMG_2124.jpg

You might want to hit it before ODOT edges it with gravel...here's what 685 looks like two weeks after being edged...

IMG_2121.jpg

Edited by drc32-0

• 4 weeks later...
rode 669 on thursday.. 90% clear of gravel

was a fun fun ride through there, if i get any free time this weekend (which i probably wont) im gonna head back out there

I don't know which end you start on,but if you're going through Zanesville to McConnelsville or Gaysport,be sure to pick up 376 at Gaysport and take it to McConnelsville.You'll have to go back up river from McConnelsville on 669 to the good stuff at Eaglesport,but 376 is well worth it.

Something else you might be interested in if you're going through Zanesville...take 146(Chandlersville Rd) east out of Zanesville to Salt Creek Drive(about 2 miles past Carlwick).Salt Creek is a fun,newly paved connector between 146 and 60 at Duncan Falls.Once in Duncan Falls go across the bridge,hang a left(south),go straight through Philo and take freshly paved River Road to Gaysport where you can cross the bridge and go straight onto 376.

Sorry if I'm going on,and on,but I'm having a blast on all this new pavement around here this year.

If they only would have keep going on Deitz Lane,we would have a premier connector between Zanesville and Duncan Falls...but they stopped after about two miles.:(

A couple more newly paved roads in S.E.O....

SR550 from the junction of SR377 to Barlow.It's not completely finished yet,but well on it's way to being done.The new pavement incudes the fun sweepers just east of 377 as 550 goes up the hill.

Kreashbaum Rd in the Hocking Hills between SR678 and Big Pine.Tight and twisty challenging road in the heart of the good stuff in the Hocking Hills.

Thanks Mary#17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

564 east of Caldwell on 78 is complete except for edge lines.This isn't the twistiest road in S.E.O.,but it has some fun sweepers and enough tight stuff to be interesting.Besides,it T's into 145 and from there it's a short ride to the good stuff...565,260,339,530,Dalzell Rd,537 etc,etc.

564 east of Caldwell on 78 is complete except for edge lines.This isn't the twistiest road in S.E.O.,but it has some fun sweepers and enough tight stuff to be interesting.Besides,it T's into 145 and from there it's a short ride to the good stuff...565,260,339,530,Dalzell Rd,537 etc,etc.

7/22 no edge lines on 564. Just north of Caldwell on 821 newly paved with no edge lines in the best part of 821. :)

I just read on another forum that 536 is newly paved,has anyone been over there in the last week or so?

I've got to go check this out,probably Sunday before I can get over there.If this is true it is great news.

Now that would be nice! That's a great ride.

Mary

• 1 month later...

669 from Malta to Eagleport is currently being paved.It will probably be done in a couple weeks...just in time for a fall colors ride along the river.This is the section of 669 that parallels the Muskingum river and takes you to Eagleport where 669 gets really good.

669 will now have new pavement from Malta all the way to Crooksville.

Enjoy!

P.S. By now they should be done paving the section of 800 from Antioch to 255.Fly to Antioch was paved last year,so this will extend the fun all the way to 255.

Edited by drc32-0