sky diving

grapesmuggler27

I went in xenia (green county) twice, Both times were late may and clear out. I would do it again in a heartbeat though. I did an tandem both times. First time, I think we jumped from around 10,000 and the second time I went, we jumped from about 12,500ft. Big difference between the two haha. I have both my videos from it too!

Been tandem once w a group from SBN several years ago. Skydive Chicago. Was ok, glad I did it.

I also went to Skydive Chicago. The wife didn't jump, but they let her sit up front, and got to go on a second flight for a fuel run. I had a great time!

I went a few years back in Middletown, Start Skydiving. First you watch a bunch of training/liability videos with Epic Beard Man who apparently invented the tandem harness. Get fitted for a jumpsuit, put all the gear on and meet your rear (instructor), go through some positions, then get on the plane! They take you to 13,500 ft, then off you go! I wasn't told about the nose breathing thing, that was pretty difficult for me as well. Also, if you have issue with your ears popping, they most certainly will, early and often. 55 sec of freefall will seem like WAY longer than that, then once that chute opens. there's SILENCE. No sounds at all. Float down to the DZ, high five your instructor, and go grab a beer.

I thought breathing through your nose for long periods of time was a major highlight on your resume? :supergay:

Edited by kawi kid

Did AFF years ago (2000?) at Aerohio in Rittman. I don't know how anywhere else could be more friendly and thorough. I seem to recall my main instructor and her husband were somewhat nomadic though, I suppose the quality of your experience could vary with the staff over time. It seems like one of those things though where you have a group of people extremely passionate about something that enjoy an opportunity to share it with anyone new.

Did training (6hrs) on a Saturday, jump was pushed back until Sunday (Mothers' Day) due to weather (winds considered too high for beginners - >18mph?). Glad that went okay for mom's sake. At the time they had a plane (Twin Otter?) that got us to 14500 that particular day.

Any questions ask. It's one of those things where the feeling is gone from memory, but I can tell you all about it from telling the story over and over since then.

is there a weight limit for the tandem? I was going to do it in vegas but the outfit we looked into said no heavier than 250lbs

For Start Skydiving in Middletown it's 230 pounds, and they actually put me on a scale to make sure. I can't speak for any place else.