NEO people, don't use Sahara waterproofing!

Gixxus Christ!

Or any business owned by Jay Walker of massillon oh. I paid him over $3,000 last month to put a footer drain and sump pump in my very leaky basement. completely ignoring the fact that he and his crew were extremely rude to my girlfriend (he told her all she knew how to do as far as home improvement was 'fluff and buff', she has installed hardwood flooring, shoe molding, tile flooring etc right along side of me.) he plumed the output from the sump pump into my sanitary sewer AFTER I told him it was illegal! Then, when the pump came on it blew water out of every joint in the plumbing under my kitchen sink. Rather than bring this to my attention or fix it, he told my girlfriend he was done and packed up and left (I was at work). I didn't find out until the next day when I decided to test the pump out. I called and he returned and had his Foreman replace the leaking pipes under the sink and run the sump out into the down spout. When he left the hot water line under my sink was leaking, which I replaced myself to avoid having to talk to this asshole again.

I went to his google ad and left a bad review, listing all the shitty things he and his crew did, like ruin my lawn by mixing cement on it rather than in the driveway. He simply took down the ad and put up a new one with merchantcircle with a 5 star review that he wrote HIMSELF! Well last night we had the first real thunderstorm of the year and I had water just pouring out of my walls into the basement. He guarantees his work for life, so I called him and he will supposedly be here between 1 and 2. I'm fairly certain that he is going to want to fill the holes that the water leaks through with hydraulic cement, which I will not accept as a suitable repair. I may end up across the aisle from him in small claims court before this is all over.

Anyway, if you're having any home improvement, remodeling, roofing or basement waterproofing done, do not go with this guy, he is a hack. I could list a lot of other shitty things about him but I'm Swyping this whole thing out on my tablet.

Seriously! He put in a footer drain around the outside of your foundation and you still have that running in?

I bet he just dug a trench two feet deep, filled it with a foot of gravel and covered it over.

lol that review even says it was written by sahara waterproofing. how do they allow self reviews on that site?

also, the general public can't see your thread cause you put it in r&r. you might want it to be put in reviews or off topic or something.

This right here is a warning sign....Payment: Cash Only

Most places that have shit service operate like this so you can't dispute the charge with your CC company. Hop[e this gets resolved properly.

He did an interior footer drain with sump pump. They dug it deep enough, drilled the blocks and pt in pipe and everything. Lmao at the reviews, thanks guys, + rep all around.

Did he give you an option to correcting the problem from the outside? That's really the best way to fix it, IMO. Not a fan of fixing a water issue on the inside when the problem is on the outside.

Hope you can get some restitution after all that.

Doing an outside the foundation job is not in our budget, would have to demolish and rebuild a concrete patio, move a wood deck, demolish a brick and concrete front porch, digg out a ton of landscaping bushes and trees, would end up costing a fortune. We took video last night of the water pouring in through old nail holes in the blocks. He guaranteed the job for life and we have that in writing so of we have to take it to court there should be no problems.

• 5 months later...

The bullshit continues.

After the recent torrential downpour water started seeping in through the block. After the last leak he came in and put some dura-board about 2 ft up the wall and channeled it into the breather and down into the sump. He should have put it up.from floor to ceiling all the way around.

My fiance calls him and he tells her he can't warrantee the work because he had to fold up the business because of what I "did to him on the internet". He claims that the reviews you guys put up cost him his business. I know he's full of shit. Now we have to either get him to fix it or get him to pay another company to fix it. He claims he's broke and his only income now is social security.

He owns, or at least owned at the time, two other businesses when I contracted him. I need to dig into this scumbag and see if he has any assets we can sue him for if it comes to that.

What a Turd.

This guy fucked himself out of business by not having a clue as to what he SHOULD have done instead of CHEAP-ASSING it along, which only worsens your experience and makes him look more assjackity than he already did when he copped off to your lady. I say we all fuckplug this fool on merchantcircle.....like ballsdeep until he files for real :nono: Damn hacks, seems they always get away with screwing a pile of people before walking away, unscathed, and on to the next consumer they can cockput :mad:

He already wrote a response on merchant circle about how these reviews are from vermillion and he doesnt even work there, and how a sweet old lady he did a job for wanted to leave a review but didn't have a computer so she mailed him one and he copied and posted it...what a load of shit. I'm going to end up looking at this prick either across a court room or from the back of a cop car eventually.

The bullshit continues.

After the recent torrential downpour water started seeping in through the block. After the last leak he came in and put some dura-board about 2 ft up the wall and channeled it into the breather and down into the sump. He should have put it up.from floor to ceiling all the way around.

My fiance calls him and he tells her he can't warrantee the work because he had to fold up the business because of what I "did to him on the internet". He claims that the reviews you guys put up cost him his business. I know he's full of shit. Now we have to either get him to fix it or get him to pay another company to fix it. He claims he's broke and his only income now is social security.

He owns, or at least owned at the time, two other businesses when I contracted him. I need to dig into this scumbag and see if he has any assets we can sue him for if it comes to that.

What a Turd.

That's the same shit those storm chasing roofers use come in do the job for less guaranty it for life. Do a bunch of shitty roof jobs real quick then when the next storm comes through they've already closed up shop and moved on doing it elsewhere under a different company name. It happened twice about 2 summers ago when we had a lot of bad storms to a friend of mine. The first repair he had done he just paid out of pocket to one of those shit companies. Then his roof got screwed up worse in the next storm due to their crappy work. He tried to track the company down but they were nowhere to be found and when he talked to someone at the number he had from the business they told him that guy closed up shop. The second time he claimed the repairs to his insurance and they hired a similar type of crew. But when that didn't hold up the insurance company paid to have it repaired again.

That's the same shit those storm chasing roofers use come in do the job for less guaranty it for life. Do a bunch of shitty roof jobs real quick then when the next storm comes through they've already closed up shop and moved on doing it elsewhere under a different company name. It happened twice about 2 summers ago when we had a lot of bad storms to a friend of mine. The first repair he had done he just paid out of pocket to one of those shit companies. Then his roof got screwed up worse in the next storm due to their crappy work. He tried to track the company down but they were nowhere to be found and when he talked to someone at the number he had from the business they told him that guy closed up shop. The second time he claimed the repairs to his insurance and they hired a similar type of crew. But when that didn't hold up the insurance company paid to have it repaired again.

I don't know about the fly-by-night roofers, but here in Columbus Able Roofing is just as bad, in my opinion. They were all over my neighborhood (which just so happens to be across the street from them) and did a couple of jobs. I had asked them for a quote, the guy shows up 45 minutes late (again, their HQ is literally across the street from my neighborhood), shows up in a Taurus with no ladder, and immediately tells me after getting out of his car that I need a roof replacement. I told him to get the fuck out of my driveway as I was egregiously late for work.

his website www.A-1roofingnow.com says he does basement waterproofing...

http://www.a-1roofingnow.com/basement-waterproofing.html

• 6 years later...

So there was a home invasion today in massillon.  The rumor is the victim was none other than jay walker, the same scam artist shitbag that fucked us over. No identities are confirmed, but the victim was hospitalized and the assailant was tazed and arrested. 

I do not condone violence in any way aside from self defense, and definitely do not condone home invasion. 

But i can't help but wonder if this asshole finally fucked over the wrong guy.

• Beer 1