MotoSeries 5/19 and 5/20 (2012) - roll call

redkow97

ok, but we can't keep it at my house. i promised to sell it shortly after i bought the zx6r lol.

You can keep it at my house and tell Denise I bought it, lol. What's one more toy in the garage? Actually I have plenty room in my shed too.

In all seriousness, I would say figure out the value of the clapped out cbr (If there is one...:eek:) and split it between however many are on the team. Why should you have to front the bike?

SWEET GUYS!!! Let me know if you need any help putting bikes together!

Just a few more bikes and we get contingency. You should be able to whip me easy enough for the money lol! I think my best lap time was 1:15...but i havent been on track in over a year...

Need 5 bikes per class for a pay out. There were no heavy weight bikes threee middle weight and three or 4 light weight. PM me if i can help.

PS:

TRNM8TR i have a 6 car garage u can use

Edited by ducatihottie999

Dude Im in. please pick me to be the slow guy!!!!

I know there was talk of that other bike too that Hollywood posted up too Jinu if you did want to peace out on the used and abused bike and pocket some cash.

Oh by the way, did Brandon thank you for letting me use your bike after I was tired of mine Saturday? If not, thanks!

Edited by madcat6183

My inner (almost) attorney thinks there needs to be something in writing about who pays for what repairs in the event of a crash.

I have heard of arrangements as simple as "you crash, you pay," to more complex arrangements like dividing repair costs by all the riders, but crasher pays double.

Tires are another cost to consider. Splitting 3 or 4 ways for the race is fine, but whoever is riding it on Saturday is potentially using the team's tire. Etc.

Just some things to consider.

My inner (almost) attorney thinks there needs to be something in writing about who pays for what repairs in the event of a crash.

I have heard of arrangements as simple as "you crash, you pay," to more complex arrangements like dividing repair costs by all the riders, but crasher pays double.

Tires are another cost to consider. Splitting 3 or 4 ways for the race is fine, but whoever is riding it on Saturday is potentially using the team's tire. Etc.

Definitely something to discuss to say the least and understanding where you are coming from.

how many do we want on the team? we can either do 3 riders (if each rider thinks they can handle 1 hr each... i know i couldn't handle it at my current fitness level) or more if we want to distribute the riding time more liberally.

wanna write up a quick agreement for OR to use as a template?

i like to think i hang with douchers who i can trust enough to not need paperwork, but it always makes it easier to keep business as business and it can help other people form similar arrangements that might not be as "close" or "inside"

Let's talk at the next round. You could create an OR "rule book," and swap in different people when necessary.

Ultimately, you would just need to know the definite costs (entry fee, gas, ??) and then split those by the number of riders.

The unknown costs will be harder. Tire wear, crash repairs, etc.

You already volunteered the CBR, but of anyone else is considering a second team, I might propose that the bike owner pays his share of entry fees, but the other riders cover gas and tires to acknowledge the inherent risk of having his bike out of commission after a crash.

I can draft something once we all agree on basic terms though.

how many do we want on the team? we can either do 3 riders (if each rider thinks they can handle 1 hr each... i know i couldn't handle it at my current fitness level) or more if we want to distribute the riding time more liberally.

You can set it up how ever you like i know with WERA you have three guys and one alternate but you can only change the alternate 1 time. Motoseries is event to event with up to five riders. I can tell you we split all costs three ways.... entryfees, tires, gas, parts(ie pads oil filters). You crash you fix. Or you can say the first 500 is rider resp. and anything over that is 3 ways or vice versa. I know the initial expenses can be great if you are buying spares. Which you should since you need to get back on track after a crash. I have 2 sets wheels, clip ons, sub frame, levers ect..

I have been racing 13 years and have seen it all. But its always best to get it in writing. I have been stiffed with upwards of $3000 in repairs.

Let's talk at the next round. You could create an OR "rule book," and swap in different people when necessary.

Ultimately, you would just need to know the definite costs (entry fee, gas, ??) and then split those by the number of riders.

The unknown costs will be harder. Tire wear, crash repairs, etc.

You already volunteered the CBR, but of anyone else is considering a second team, I might propose that the bike owner pays his share of entry fees, but the other riders cover gas and tires to acknowledge the inherent risk of having his bike out of commission after a crash.

I can draft something once we all agree on basic terms though.

sounds like a good idear.

this brings up a good point, though it should be fairly obvious: the riders should of like mind, in terms of maintenance, repairs (or quality of) and even weight if possible.

You can set it up how ever you like i know with WERA you have three guys and one alternate but you can only change the alternate 1 time. Motoseries is event to event with up to five riders. I can tell you we split all costs three ways.... entryfees, tires, gas, parts(ie pads oil filters). You crash you fix. Or you can say the first 500 is rider resp. and anything over that is 3 ways or vice versa. I know the initial expenses can be great if you are buying spares. Which you should since you need to get back on track after a crash. I have 2 sets wheels, clip ons, sub frame, levers ect..

I have been racing 13 years and have seen it all. But its always best to get it in writing. I have been stiffed with upwards of $3000 in repairs.

i appreciate the advice. we will probably go with a "pay to ride per weekend" type setup.

anyone else have idears, toss them out there. i'll create a thread in this section so we're not crapping this one up any more. if a mod wants to move the posts over to there, feel free.

Thoughts...sounds like there's enough of us interested to form at least 2 teams? 3-4 riders per team? We are all friends now, but I think a contract of some sort would help us all stay that way. It's funny how when money is involved things can suddenly change...

Thoughts...sounds like there's enough of us interested to form at least 2 teams? 3-4 riders per team? We are all friends now, but I think a contract of some sort would help us all stay that way. It's funny how when money is involved things can suddenly change...

Yeah dude, speaking of $, I think I drank someone's water Sunday after the event, so I owe someone a bottle of water. I don't want people thinking Im the jew of the sport.

Yeah dude, speaking of $, I think I drank someone's water Sunday after the event, so I owe someone a bottle of water. I don't want people thinking Im the jew of the sport.

you can pay back with being on the receiving end of water sports

Would love to get more people to race the endurance classes. Its cheaper if ya split it between three guys. Its a ton of fun and lots of race time. Great for honing your skills because its just pounding out laps. Speed is a by product of consistency... which is what really makes you fast. Would love to see a few newbies get a team together. The grids are pitiful.

PS

I know a certain someone who can weld you and endurance tank...Wink Wink

This is the sort of racing I was thinking of shooting for next season. I need to learn more about how MS does it, but I think this would suit me better. And if I keep the 750 next year, it might make a good platform for a group bike.

....Oh by the way, did Brandon thank you for letting me use your bike after I was tired of mine Saturday? If not, thanks!

is this last part for realz?

This is the sort of racing I was thinking of shooting for next season. I need to learn more about how MS does it, but I think this would suit me better. And if I keep the 750 next year, it might make a good platform for a group bike.

Thats all they really race in heavyweight in WERA becasue the 750 is more reasonable on exits under power and parts are cheaper and more readily available. That would be a excellent choice!

Only bad thing is that you would be in the heavy weight class. There were none the first round.

Thats all they really race in heavyweight in WERA becasue the 750 is more reasonable on exits under power and parts are cheaper and more readily available. That would be a excellent choice!

not that anyone has to race motoseries or whatnot (as wera, ccs, etc are all excellent and well established racing orgs), but i dont think motoseries has a class setup for 750... or does it? or would it just race in the 1000cc class?

exactly. A well written agreement eliminates future disputes.

And some kind of arbitration clause should handle the rest. "in the event that a situation not addressed in this agreement arises, financial responsibility will be determined by a vote of team members, with a three-quarter vote required for the proposed solution to be implemented." And then add provisions for a 2-2 tie, etc.

We'll figure out most things just by talking. Other than rider weight, it would be good to keep people who run GP shift on the same team :p

Honestly I don't know if I'll even be able to afford to throw my hat in on the endurance stuff, but i guess we'll know more once we learn everyone's expectations.