potus and vpotus support gay marriage...

magley64

As I said, its covered under Adultery (10 commandments) Its defined as any type of sexual activity between people that is not sanctified by marriage.

10 commandments are still OT...

If you're going by the new book, both are perfectly acceptable, and you should follow the golden rule...

All of this is void, anyway, even if it could be justified as "sinful", that in no way has any bearing on weather it should be "legal".

Praying to allah, or vishnu, or odin are arguably the biggest sin imagineable, see commandments 1-3, and that is absolutely legal and protected...legal

So the constitution comes before your religion...

Edited by magley64

So in your theory anyone who voted for Obama in the last election imposed all their beliefs on me and I should be super pissed?

Make sure you post up in November who you are voting for so I'm sure I don't force any beliefs on to you by voting for opposite guy.

Don't read that far into it, I meant what I said about gay rights. I'm not talking any other kind of politics here.

I dont agree with intolerance either. I dont think any true Christians does. But, as I said earlier, this is where non-christians get confused. They see that if someone labels something a sin, that they are intolerant and that is simply very far from the truth.

Just because I choose to vote against legalizing a sin does not make me intolerant. Only those who choose to distort my motives can so easily call my actions intolerant.

Voting to keep DDT illegal does not make me intolerant of farmers.

Voting pro-life does not make me intolerant of women.

Voting pro-business does not make me intolerant of the poor.

Voting pro=marriage does not make me intolerant of homosexuals.

People are blinded by their own beliefs ;)

So in your theory anyone who voted for Obama in the last election imposed all their beliefs on me and I should be super pissed?

Non sequitor, obama being elected didn't infringe on your rights.

Voting for the ohio smoking ban, however infringed on the rights of smokers, and the rights of restaurant/bar owners.

I voted against both, and lost.

Edited by magley64

Voting to keep DDT illegal does not make me intolerant of farmers.

Voting pro-life does not make me intolerant of women.

Voting pro-business does not make me intolerant of the poor.

Voting pro=marriage does not make me intolerant of homosexuals.

Right...:rolleyes:

Voting for segregation wouldn't make you racist either...

Are you voting against interracial marriage? (also condemned in the bible)

Edited by magley64

Voting for the ohio smoking ban, however infringed on the rights of smokers, and the rights of restaurant/bar owners.

This.

It should be up to the business owner(just like the church in the gay case) if they want to allow smokers or not. Quite a few bars still allow smokers in Ohio(none of which I will name) but they are willing to accept the risk of getting caught(although the cops in Dayton don't give a shit about that law and let it slide)

this is a fine example, now I know some people will say I hate being around smokers(some people hate being around homos) just stay away from the places that allow it.

Right...:rolleyes:

Voting for segregation wouldn't make you racist either...

Are you voting against interracial marriage? (also condemned in the bible)

If someone loves someone else why should sex/religion/age/race be a factor? As long as they aren't breaking the law (i.e. A 10yo and a 20yo)

Although underage homosexual sexual abuse seems to be pretty common in churches today, especially amough the Catholic church...

I hate to get involved with these political threads, but this one bothers me enough that I'm willing to make a few statements even in the face of presumed imminent disappointment in humanity....

First of all, let me state the précis of this whole thing, just so I don't get a TL;DR excuse - This is a civil rights issue and should be treated as such. To think this is a religious issue is laughable, and I am simply at a loss of hope for those who cannot see past this. To vote in any way on a civil rights issue because of a religious view ignores the concept of separation of church and state, and damn sure imports your religious views into my civil liberties. This is wrong.

This is a civil rights issue because it is about people, who are all equal in this country, last time I checked. If race is not a discriminating factor, then neither is sexuality. The fact that people still think sexual orientation is a choice are simply ignorant to a point of no return. If you refuse to check out this new thing called science, then just assume the sun goes around the earth, and that schizophrenia is just the devil playing around inside you. I refuse to get into a debate about this because it's 2012, and at this point it's like someone trying to ask you to prove that hair color is genetic. [And as an aside, if one more person tries to use that fucking monozygotic twin argument against genetic-based sexuality, I'm gonna shit. It's not 1995 anymore, try some reasoning that wasn't debunked two decades ago]

I'm not sure how people got the idea in their religions that it was okay to call some of God's creations sinners while some of them are cool, but apparently it happened. MY God doesn't create straight people and gay people and then decry one as less than the other. There's a reason this Jew isn't Orthodox. I find some of the OT stuff out-dated and inapplicable to modern society. I still find the core theme of how to be a respectable fucking person useful, and I can go by those, but as others have stated, I keep my God to me and I don't expect anyone else to be affected by it.

As I said, its covered under Adultery (10 commandments) Its defined as any type of sexual activity between people that is not sanctified by marriage.
Also, this is called cyclic reasoning and is one of the more obvious logical fallacy types in debate. Homosexuality is only covered under adultery because you decided they couldn't marry. Then you say they can't marry because it's a sin because it's adultery. Ironically, this wouldn't be cyclic if you didn't throw out OT teachings earlier, but since you went there, you made this the remaining logical segue. Soooo, yea...stop that.
  • Upvote 4

Sure it does. When he signs a law or uses an executive order that goes against my beliefs the blame falls back on the people who voted for him and share his beliefs enough to put him in that position. They imposed their beliefs on me at the voting box.

This is the age old argument that gets started numerous times every year. It's not going to change minds.

This is a civil rights issue because it is about people, who are all equal in this country, last time I checked. If race is not a discriminating factor, then neither is sexuality.

And again, someone else who hasn't bothered to read the prior posts or does not understand christianity.

A Christian would not vote to legalize theft, they are not going to vote to legalize any other sin.

The race thing is completely off topic because nobody is discriminating by not voting to legalize a sin. They are simply voting their conscience.

Besides, race discrimination is legal and sanctioned by the government so that makes your whole point moot. If you are that concerned about civil rights perhaps you should begin by fighting against affirmative action.

I hate to get involved with these political threads, but this one bothers me enough that I'm willing to make a few statements even in the face of presumed imminent disappointment in humanity....

First of all, let me state the précis of this whole thing, just so I don't get a TL;DR excuse - This is a civil rights issue and should be treated as such. To think this is a religious issue is laughable, and I am simply at a loss of hope for those who cannot see past this. To vote in any way on a civil rights issue because of a religious view ignores the concept of separation of church and state, and damn sure imports your religious views into my civil liberties. This is wrong.

This is a civil rights issue because it is about people, who are all equal in this country, last time I checked. If race is not a discriminating factor, then neither is sexuality. The fact that people still think sexual orientation is a choice are simply ignorant to a point of no return. If you refuse to check out this new thing called science, then just assume the sun goes around the earth, and that schizophrenia is just the devil playing around inside you. I refuse to get into a debate about this because it's 2012, and at this point it's like someone trying to ask you to prove that hair color is genetic. [And as an aside, if one more person tries to use that fucking monozygotic twin argument against genetic-based sexuality, I'm gonna shit. It's not 1995 anymore, try some reasoning that wasn't debunked two decades ago]

I'm not sure how people got the idea in their religions that it was okay to call some of God's creations sinners while some of them are cool, but apparently it happened. MY God doesn't create straight people and gay people and then decry one as less than the other. There's a reason this Jew isn't Orthodox. I find some of the OT stuff out-dated and inapplicable to modern society. I still find the core theme of how to be a respectable fucking person useful, and I can go by those, but as others have stated, I keep my God to me and I don't expect anyone else to be affected by it.

Also, this is called cyclic reasoning and is one of the more obvious logical fallacy types in debate. Homosexuality is only covered under adultery because you decided they couldn't marry. Then you say they can't marry because it's a sin because it's adultery. Ironically, this wouldn't be cyclic if you didn't throw out OT teachings earlier, but since you went there, you made this the remaining logical segue. Soooo, yea...stop that.

I'm sure 99% of our American population commits adultery :dunno: most people have sex before marriage, but don't see it as a sin :confused:

I don't see the difference between sinning yourself(sex out of marriage) and sex with the same sex. Bunch of hypocrites... Again, I'm glad I'm atheist.

Sure it does. When he signs a law or uses an executive order that goes against my beliefs the blame falls back on the people who voted for him and share his beliefs enough to put him in that position. They imposed their beliefs on me at the voting box.

This is the age old argument that gets started numerous times every year. It's not going to change minds.

The government is corrupt, I don't see how it matters which asshole you vote for someone is always gunna bitch about them...

it's all about who lies their ass off the most...

And again, someone else who hasn't bothered to read the prior posts or does not understand christianity.

A Christian would not vote to legalize theft, they are not going to vote to legalize any other sin.

The race thing is completely off topic because nobody is discriminating by not voting to legalize a sin. They are simply voting their conscience.

Besides, race discrimination is legal and sanctioned by the government so that makes your whole point moot. If you are that concerned about civil rights perhaps you should begin by fighting against affirmative action.

So Christians should vote to make it illegal to have sex outside of marriage? Y'all just like to pick and choose right? I'm pretty sure you didn't read everything he wrote...

Why the hell should someone with different beliefs suffer because of assholes like you? SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE :asshole:

Feel free to complain when it infringes on your rights, I'll stand with you.

Coveting is a sin, perfectly legal...

Working Saturday is a sin, perfectly legal...

Following your own moral compass, also a sin, and legal...

Taking the lords name in vein is a sin, jesus christ, yaweh, god damn it, perfectly fucking legal...

The law doesn't care about your religion, therefore the state should not govern based on religion..

It's a civil rights issue..

also: Theft, and murder aren't illegal because they are "immoral" they are illegal because they infringe on other people's rights to their property and their lives.

ahh the crux of the thing.

BTW for you "HARDCORE Christians out there"

http://deadlysins.com/sins/index.htm

How many of these do you break?

How many on a daily basis?

Get the fuck over yourselves, y'all are knee deep in shit.

Let others live their lives how they please, y'all are dirty fucking sinners who are so full of yourselves and brain washed into thinking you arn't.

Here is my stance on religion in general... I think it is a good thing(to an extent) it gives people hope(false hope, but hope none the less) it gives people something to look forward to, but some people let it consume their lives.

God is about as real as Santa clause... Santa brings kids joy and gives them a false icon to believe in. Parents tell their kids Santa is real(tsk, tsk, lying is a sin)

Do you like to eat cake? Candy? Eat tilk you get full? Wow really? glutney is a sin you know :)

Do you like to rub one out every now and then? Or have sex? well if your not trying to have a baby lust is a sin, shame on you.

I can go on and on about this, but I think you get the point...

I don't feel bad if I offended someone, I get offended when people push their beliefs on others. Hell I don't even have beliefs, but what I do have are morals.

The truth hurts, so quit fucking judging people unless you plan on judging yourself first. Quit sinning, a sin is a sin no matter how big or small it may be, why the fuck should you get to pick and choose?

I love blind intolerant bigots... You people really make my day....

• Downvote 1