yay, everything in 22lr

jbot

i was looking for yet another 22lr pistol, and i thought it would be neat to get a 1911-type version. I had seen the GSG version and thought it was ok. i knew there was a sig branded version as well but i havent seen one of those yet. i saw a colt/walther/umarex version yesterday as well as browning's.

the browning was like a smaller replica of a 1911-clone (lol) and pricey (like $550 or something). i passed.

i liked the colt/walther/umarex because it was like some abominable mashup of a 1911 and a walther p22 (which i adore). it's not exactly a tank or super well built, but compared to the GSG, i kinda thought it was a bit nicer... i didn't have them side by side, so it is an unreliable observation at best.

anyway, here it is in all it's passably-ok-build-quality glory:

2012-05-10%252017.37.12.jpg

i havent had a chance to shoot it yet, so hopefully it shoots at least as well as my p22 does.

feel free to post up about your 1911-22 or any fave 22lr pistol/rifle/revolver/cannon

Your walthers .22 shoots like shit LOL! Just go buy a buck mark or mark III.

what's wrong with it? i wouldnt blame the gun for your and my poor shooting skills.

Asians with guns. Bad

i know. we should probably stick to swords to keep it fair.

• Upvote 1

mycousin.jpg

i actually got the p22 shortly before/after the VT thing happened. that was awkward.

Buddy's GSG 1911-22

532897_10150774629255011_623625010_12000472_78631086_n-1.jpg

543232_10150774134785011_623625010_11998775_174917475_n.jpg

I still like the ATI/gsg/sig 1911-22. i might get one if i find one at a decent price.

Phoenix Arms HP22A

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6BbRsJNyaeMEccL3A7e3I941u3FFAZbv73rTR74kVhY67Q7UtMg

and they're only like $100 new... I will probably pick one up eventually. the 1911 .22lr is cool though.

that's pretty neat. if they shoot decently well, i might see about getting one for a family member since they've always been interested in the PPK-style.

that's the best part about the cheapy Phoenix Arms pistols - they aren't picky on ammo, and seem to be more reliable than most of the other competing models for LESS money.

You'll want to do the magazine release modification (all over youtube), and there's some critics of the redundant safeties, but otherwise people seem to be shockingly pleased with how good they are for the price.

:wtf:

Next .22 I get will be the Ruger SR22. It's a better Walther. I already have the S&W 22S for shooting the wings off flies and stuff like that.

Ruger-SR22.jpg

I want one too, and to silence it. Dealer had one but it came with the crimson trace and was out of my budget.

I looked at the GSG, but the only one Fin Feather FUr had at the time was the one with rail. I know the 1911 wasn't a .22LR by design, but I am able to over look that, but did not like the looks of the rail.

So, I ended up getting a Buck mark Camper in stainless steel.

Next on my list is either that Ruger SR 22 or the ISSC 22.

I will eventualy get a Pheniox Arms, just for the weird factor, but heard alot about the 5 safeties. Might take some getting used to. ( I also plan on getting a Hi-point 9mm eventually, just because)