Hit by a deer.

Tonik

Not me, the couple in front of me. I didn't see it happen but I was heading up 514 today after getting a new lid at IP and came up over a hill and there is a bike on the side of the road with a volunteer fireman in a pickup behind them with his lights going. So I stopped.

From what I could figure out they saw some deer crossing the road...he slowed way down so they would cross in front of him and one of them fell down which put him beside it when it popped back up and took off again. Hit the side of the bike right in front of the saddle bag which is where his wifes leg was. Leg was broken, he kept it up and the ambulance took her away. I was hanging waiting to make sure the bike was drivable, so I got this second hand from the cops after everyone else drove off.

To save making another thread, 514 is a very nice road other than the deer. And I found a decent BBQ place...on 62 about 5 miles east of 161 called 62 BBQ.

Glad no one was seriously injured (although I guess a broken leg could be considered).

I got hit in Greer (which is on 514) by a deer sitting still at a crossroads. Felt something slam into me, knocked the bike over and when I looked over the bike I see a doe running off...damnest thing, but I didn't get hurt. Stupid, stupid animals.

Rte. 62 BBQ is the shizzle, for sure...eat there about once a week. Used to be a lot cheaper, but it's still worth the dough. The Buckeye Deli at the end of 514 in Nashville is good too. Funky place, but good sammiches.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012/05/14/motorcyclist-killed-in-eaton-township-crash/

Semi-related.

The second motorcyclist was killed around 5:30 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 90. Police said James Knutti Jr., 34, of Bellevue, was eastbound when he struck a deer and was thrown from his motorcycle, according to a news release from the Ohio Highway Patrol’s Milan post. Knutti was then struck by an eastbound 2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer with Allen Jaglowski and his wife, Gloria Jaglowski, in it. The news release didn’t say who was driving the Trailblazer, but said the Jaglowskis were uninjured.

May is Motorcycle Safety Awareness month, and the patrol cautions drivers to be extra alert for motorcycles during warmer weather when they are traditionally ridden. From 2009 to 2011, motorcycle-involved crashes resulted in a total of 503 fatalities and over 11,400 injuries in Ohio, according to news release from the patrol.

In 2011 alone there were 167 motorcycle-related fatalities. Of the 167 fatalities, the motorcyclist was at fault 70 percent of the time, the patrol said.