Fitz13 down - recovering

redkow97

HOLY CRAP.

I've met Fitz13 at several NESBA events at BeaveRun, and I know he posts here periodically.

I just went on the NESBA board to look for some Dunlop specs, and found out he crashed pretty badly when NESBA was at BeaveRun a couple weeks ago:

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=24368

This is the main report on his condition. Sounds like a nasty crash:

His foot is probably the worst of it where the chain and the sprocket chewed through it some. It has been cleaned up and sown together and he should be able to keep all his toes. Shoulder blade broken (not sure if we need surgery yet), multiple broken ribs, multiple broken bones in his spine, and we are still waiting to hear back on the recent x-rays of his right leg. So far none of the injuries will cause permanent damage (except the partial numbness in the foot), but they will take the better part of this track season to heal.

Get well soon man!

Best wishes for sure! Don't know him or his family but hope its all quick and not too painless.

We all know the risks and we still do it, results like this always suck, but hopefully he will be able to get back out there in the future!

yeah, his foot must have gotten into the rear sprocket from the sound of his injuries. May have had some bike(s) run him over too...

I am just wondering what the hell led up to the injuries... Highside at the top of 6/7? some kind of contact or getting pushed off track in the kink? Locking the front into T1?

I'm thinking it might be a while before he's back and posting :(

Wish him the best of luck on a speedy recovery.

This is definitely a risk we all willingly take. Knowing that a bad wreck could happen and keep me out of work for some time, I always get myself Aflac insurance during riding season and this year I majorly upped my disability stuff at work. Its more out of pocket expenses, but better safe than homeless.