5/20 Sunday

twisted12

Uncle Punk... In case you didn't get my pm go ahead with the pics. I'll be in surgery at Metro tomorrow noonish to remove the bone fragment. 10 weeks on crutches. So maybe I'll be back out on the bike by September. Just in time to freeze and ride!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Punk... In case you didn't get my pm go ahead with the pics. I'll be in surgery at Metro tomorrow noonish to remove the bone fragment. 10 weeks on crutches. So maybe I'll be back out on the bike by September. Just in time to freeze and ride!

That sucks I was hoping for you that it was just a simple dislocation.

I didn't get any good pictures from the damaged side.

picture.php?albumid=1518&pictureid=15968

picture.php?albumid=1518&pictureid=15971

Has anyone told Kevin yet what you did to his old bike?

Now for the pictures of the emt

picture.php?albumid=1518&pictureid=15972

I didn't take these last two, the fat kid on the Kawasaki did

picture.php?albumid=1518&pictureid=15970

picture.php?albumid=1518&pictureid=15969

I don't know what happened to cause the accident; I was riding up front because Udell couldn't get off the toilet. I suspect that the group got a ways in front of him and he was going fast into the curve from the longer straight leading up to it playing a little catch-up, it also didn't help that the curve was going down hill so he lost some ability to slow down. (I enter up hill and down hill curves differently because of this.) Rob was riding sweep, he almost got caught up in the carnage because both rider and bike were bounced back into the road by the guard rail. It was in a very dangerous place to happen with traffic coming up behind him around a blind down hill curve.

I'm wasn't there, hopefully he can chime in to tell us his take on what happened so someone can learn from his accident or give me an idea on what we can do in groups to help prevent these types of accidents. I haven't had to do a pre ride talk in quite a while so I left out a lot of things I wish I would have said. I only talked to the two new guys that showed up and maybe I should have gotten everyone involved so they could have filled in what I missed. I do recall telling them that the ride would be taking a different pace once we got south of Millersburg and that is where the accident happened. I hope the extra hype of that along with the nerves attached to riding with a group for the first time didn't cause him to feel he needed to ride too fast.

I'm not doing a full 8D, but...

Root cause: Jinx's fault.

Permanent Corrective Action: Leave Jinx at home.

:D

This is an excellent recommendation and should be implemented without a vote.

I was going to ask if that was Kevin's old XB. Guess so.

The rider had intentions of getting in contact with you for information on the whole Buell thing. He might not need your help now or he may need a lot of it.

Yea tpoppa. Kevin's old ride. And yea he knows. I was suppose to pm you at some point to ask questions about the setup and handling but that prb wont happen for a while now if at all. are these all of your old spare parts sitting in my garage??? Black xb12r??? From someone who blew up actor racing or something like that...

Uncle Punk... you're pretty much right on the cause except for the speed thing. I was moving but I slowed down on this curve pretty well. I'm pretty sure I was actually down around the 35-45 area. I might have been a little hot rolling in but my biggest mistake in hindsight was my entry which happened way late. I was close to the edge working on a correction to avoid the guard rail and caught a little gravel. So I in essence made a few solid rookie mistakes. Wrong approach... Eyes drifted to danger instead of sticking on the Curve... Add in Just a few peices of gravel on the edge and I was toast. If I had hit the curve at a better angle I probably would've been ok. Lesson well learned. September's when I'm suppose to be off crutches so maybe by then I'll have had enough spare time to get the bike running again (with some spare hands from a few of my friends of course).

If anyone wants to donate some time to the cause of getting the bike back up and running PM me. I usually keep plenty of beer around and some of the harder stuff too (so long as your not riding).

Your guess is a good as mine. I have zero brusing on my legs, feet knees, or hips. Beyond the hip i only had one bruse on my lower left back assiciated with a scrape. So all I can guess is that Torque the wrong direction on the leg while i was tumbling cause it to pop out of the back of the socket. If it was a direct impact injury I should have some brushing somewhere.

Yea tpoppa. Kevin's old ride. And yea he knows. I was suppose to pm you at some point to ask questions about the setup and handling but that prb wont happen for a while now if at all. are these all of your old spare parts sitting in my garage??? Black xb12r??? From someone who blew up actor racing or something like that...

I know that black XB12R well, but it wasn't mine. I have chased it & been chased by it for a few thousand miles.

I know a little something about suspension setup on an XB, let me know if you need any help with that.

All you have to remember when you're on a ride with UP, especially when it's your first time out, is to ride your own ride and see him at the next stop sign. When I wrecked he was behind me. How often does that happen?

All you have to remember when you're on a ride with UP, especially when it's your first time out, is to ride your own ride and see him at the next stop sign. When I wrecked he was behind me. How often does that happen?

Your wreck is still the most spectacular wreck I have ever witnessed. Are you riding again yet?

I guess I did good by staying on the shitter.

?!?!

The lurker made it out? Man...I really missed out.

Sorry to hear about the accident...been there done that.

The lurker made it out, that is why there was an accident "Jinx" is not given to him for nothing.

The kid from Elyria on the white bike did real well hopefully we didn’t scare him off from making it out to ride with us again.

Yeah, I sold the CBR and got a really nice Yamaha Midnight Warrior, a nice power cruiser that does very well in the twisties, for being a heavier bike. The handling must be felt to be appreciated and being upright for once is also nice. I wish I had seen my wreck in its entire glory, including what I did wrong.

The kid from Elyria on the white bike did real well hopefully we didn’t scare him off from making it out to ride with us again.

No, you didn't scare me off, definitely need to get used to longer rides though. That was the longest I have ridden at one time.