Need U-joint replaced. Any shop recommendations?

jessecwalters

As title says, I need the U-Joints replaced on the front drive shaft of my 2005 4wd Xterra. Looking for a good shop with reasonable rates, somewhere in the Cbus/Grove city area. Don't really know about any shops from personal experience so. Nissan wants $236, Midas wants $215. I'd attempt it myself, but I know I don't have the proper tools/equipment (and I slightly lazy :D).

If porter is interested, Id rather give my moniez to a local forum buddy then a shop. And yea, it pretty exposed, but I dont really think I have the right equipment/tools, and Im not exactly sure what I'm doing. Didnt look hard from the one youtube video though =p

the hammer is for the extraction. You put the u joint on something very firm....preferably a vise and take an old socket that is bigger than the head of the u joint and smack the shit out of it. That will loosen and raise the cap.

the hammer is for the extraction. You put the u joint on something very firm....preferably a vise and take an old socket that is bigger than the head of the u joint and smack the shit out of it. That will loosen and raise the cap.

If that was directed towards me .. I know what the hammer is for ....