2006 ZX6R help needed with front brake lever and/or brakes

ninjagirl219

Okay moto mechanic junkies! Need your help/suggestions for my 2006 ZX6R. We bled my front brakes from all three nips (there is one near the master cylinder...weird, I know) but it still doesn't feel right. The lever is too close to my throttle (on setting 1) and my stopping power is not as quick as I know it should be. The pads do not look like they're worn down (I haven't taken them out to do a close inspection, just did a visual). There is 12,500 on the bike. All stock lines. No squeaking or anything.

Any thoughts on what to do next? This is a pic of the lever fully compressed.

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&limitsize=615,500

The bleeder near the master is standard on a radial. That should be bled first and then the calipers if you are swapping lines. So what happened that you wanted to bleed the brakes and when did the problem arise?

It might be:

Check the rotors. May be warped

To check this, pump the brakes 4-5 times before applying them fully and see if it seems back to normal. If not it could be air, master cylinder seals are bad, got brake fluid on the rotors, or stuck pistons. Its pretty difficult to diagnose a feeling but my money is on warped rotors since you were bleeding the brakes anyway (unless you were doing it because the feeling was off). I don't know how many times you have bled brakes, but they are a huge PITA so you could have air still.

Rebleed your system starting with the rider's left brake cal, right cal and then master. Youve probably got air in the system somewhere.

If not, you're gonna have to take a look at the master cyl and cal pistons. Seals may be deteriorating. If youre rotors happen to be warped or you need new calipers, I've got a set off my 05 I'll sell you.

FYI, the stock tokicos are pieces of shit. Replace them with some monoblocs if you get the chance.