places to ride/eat/ routes to ride, deals gap area

oldschoolsdime92

The deals gap thread has gotten huge, so I thought we could start a thread of routes, and places to eat and must see things in the deals gap area.

riding routes: north, south, east, west..:p

eats :ppappy's trading post, some of the best BBQ and trout in the south

things to do: if you like tourist traps head into gatlinburg or pidgeon forge

Edited by 2talltim

I will be touristing the shit out of 28. Probably gonna do a Georgia breakfast run on Saturday morning.

And this is why we're awesome

All I care about doing is 28 and cherehola skyway. 129 isnt bad. There's a decent route up to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Blue ridge parkway

I've learned that you can just grab a map and go and you'll probably be on a pretty damn good road

If your near Tellico Plains (west end of Cherohala Skyway) check out Walt's BBQ. On 68 south of town a mile. I really like their BBQ's and service. http://www.lodgeattellico.com/restaurant.htm

If in Robbinsville Carolina Kitchen is really good

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/230/1528884/restaurant/North-Carolina/Carolina-Kitchen-Robbinsville

Edited by 82packer

I hate to inform ya'll, but Krambonz bbq in Tellico Plains is actually the best in the area..:D:cool:

I plan to head over early Sat morning and stay thru Sunday afternoon sometime.

I doubt I'll ride much more than 28, the Cherohala, and deals gap.

However if you have enough time for a big day trip go down and travel around Blood Mountain in GA. While you're down there take a ride through Helen, GA too. Pretty cool little city. I've not been, but I also hear that Bridal Veil Falls in Highlands, NC is a pretty cool waterfall to see as well...

Edited by dustinsn3485

I hate to inform ya'll, but Krambonz bbq in Tellico Plains is actually the best in the area..

Thanks we stay in Tellico every year and never been there. Actually staying there for most of July (depends KOA is open after tornado leveled it).

Thanks we stay in Tellico every year and never been there. Actually staying there for most of July (depends KOA is open after tornado leveled it).

I just re-read my post and didn't mean to come across as a smartass. I made my comment in humor, but forgot to put much in the way of punctuation or smiley faces. Anyway, definitely look up Krambonz, it really is some good bbq.

LOL I would like to see it but I dont want to see anyone with us hang any parts on it.

my wife has a speedo cable she wants to hang from it:lol:, last time she was there she broke it half was through on her shadow