New guy from Toledo

Honda East Justin

What's going on? My name is Justin and I reside in the "lovely" city of Toledo, OH. I was doing some googling and came across the forum. A little about me...

I work in Parts Sales at Honda East Toledo and I've been here for just over 4 years. I use to be big into sport compact cars, but after blowing up a few transmissions and a long block, I decided that bikes would be a cheaper investment.

Previous car - 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Current DD - 2008 Dodge Ram Quad cab

Current Bike - 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

And some pics...

DSC_0102.jpg

p615340552-4.jpg

busariver.jpg

What did your SRT run?

Best it ever ran was 11.51 @ 122mph. It blew up before I could make a clean pass on the bigger nitrous pills. We tried to set-up the car on "kill mode" with coil-overs and gutted interior, but it let go 2 days before the track. Realistically, it probably would have ran a low 11.4x or high 11.3x

Edited by Honda East Justin

Thanks for all the welcomes!

:welcomeor: and what is the Busa running? Getting 9's consistently?

Yeah, apparently I'm stuck at the mid 9 mark. I made 6 passes at Milan 2 weeks ago and every pass but one was a 9.6x. I think I need to look into my suspension a little more, not to mention that I changed my gearing and I wasn't quite use to it yet. I know the bike has a lot more in it

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, apparently I'm stuck at the mid 9 mark. I made 6 passes at Milan 2 weeks ago and every pass but one was a 9.6x. I think I need to look into my suspension a little more, not to mention that I changed my gearing and I wasn't quite use to it yet. I know the bike has a lot more in it
:welcome:

Get a drag shock from brocksperformance.

^^What Nick said - And if you havent stripped any weight off the bike, BST wheels and micro batts chop an easy 25lbs and an edge to cut another 10th or 2 - especially with the drag shock and proper setup. What gearing? Where's your tach on the launch?

^^What Nick said - And if you havent stripped any weight off the bike, BST wheels and micro batts chop an easy 25lbs and an edge to cut another 10th or 2 - especially with the drag shock and proper setup. What gearing? Where's your tach on the launch?

I don't have BST money, but I've looked in getting a drag shock. I've been wanting to make the move to a 07-up GSXR-1000 just because I have a hard time wanting to "ruin" my street bike by making it the way I want.

Gear is -1 front +3 rear..... so 17/46 at 4.5in over SWB. I'm leaving at 5k RPM

I don't have BST money, but I've looked in getting a drag shock. I've been wanting to make the move to a 07-up GSXR-1000 just because I have a hard time wanting to "ruin" my street bike by making it the way I want.

Gear is -1 front +3 rear..... so 17/46 at 4.5in over SWB. I'm leaving at 5k RPM

I completely agree, I would love to strip mine and fit some BST's for trackdays just to make it that much more than it is. Then I remembered how much I'm diggin' commutes to work just as a day brightener, so its not practical in the least. So until its replaced with another streetbike leaving it cast to the toy bin, I wont ruin what I need day to day just to use for MORE track performance. I'll still have fun with it as is.

You could put a 6" stretch to use and be fairly cheap to bring that 5k up to 6, just have to roll the clutch a bit more :D

Oh, you running at Wilmington's OhioMile? I'm looking at next season before I can at this point but wanna spectate at least

Edited by Hellmutt

• 2 weeks later...