Yeah right!!!!

Pokey

I like the ignorant comments on the article, they seriously think he was doing 193 in the rain? Sure bikes are fast but come on, thats just damn near impossible to do in the dry, let alone in the rain.

I wonder how fast a motorcycle can physically go on a given rain covered surface...

at some point (i'm betting before 190) the motorcycle tire would just hydroplane and not have any grip to the pavement at all, at which point the drag from the air would stop it accelerating, and likely slow it some...

I've never been shot with a real bullet nor hit a raindrop at anywhere over 90mph so I wouldn't know but I sure don't want to experience either one.

I would think at some point, depending on the severity of the rain and conditions of the road, hydroplaning would become a high probability. In a car, it can be pretty scary but on a bike...:shiver:

I wonder how fast a motorcycle can physically go on a given rain covered surface...

at some point (i'm betting before 190) the motorcycle tire would just hydroplane and not have any grip to the pavement at all, at which point the drag from the air would stop it accelerating, and likely slow it some...

^^^apparently our brains are on the same wavelength today. Better you than Exarch :D

• Upvote 1

Those raindrops would feel like a barrage of paintballs haha
I would say its more like actual bullets. Water at that speed would feel like solid objects.

I don't necessarily agree with this... on bare skin it might suck, but if you got a jacket and helmet, I bet it would be less than painful, and probably not even that uncomfortable...

scariest moment of my motorcycle riding experience was hydroplaning a PR2 last fall. I thought I was going to die for sure and that was at about 70mph

I don't necessarily agree with this... on bare skin it might suck, but if you got a jacket and helmet, I bet it would be less than painful, and probably not even that uncomfortable...

Unless you are very well suited up for the rain, it always seems to find a patch of bare skin, usually the neck. I'm thinking that as bright as said rider appears to be, odds are he wasn't properly attired.