Right place for a dealership rant?

Beegreenstrings

The willingness of dealerships to negotiate has more to do with their business model than whether they are assholes or not. High volume dealers such as Honda East make their money selling a large number of bikes for a low profit margin. Most small local dealerships are content selling a smaller number of bikes for a high profit to loyal customers. There is one born every minute according to P T Barnum.

The willingness of dealerships to negotiate has more to do with their business model than whether they are assholes or not. High volume dealers such as Honda East make their money selling a large number of bikes for a low profit margin. Most small local dealerships are content selling a smaller number of bikes for a high profit to loyal customers. There is one born every minute according to P T Barnum.

Why not just open a shop that exclusively sells GSXRs to 18-24 year olds as their first bikes, and base the business model on the parts business? Of course, that makes the assumption they're still alive when they come back for parts.

after i got my quote of $2200/yr for full coverage on my XX, I said forget full coverage, I'm paying cash for my toys and liability so I'm legal...

$100/yr for all 3 of the bikes in the garage

I found the insurance to be insane! However, after more thinking I will be getting one. Paying cash and being happy. The superhawk ins just dropped to 135/yr

I guess I just wanted full coverage because it was going to be brand new. Might have to go the other route.

You can stick to a tried and true business model and still be an ahole about it.

Why not just open a shop that exclusively sells GSXRs to 18-24 year olds as their first bikes, and base the business model on the parts business? Of course, that makes the assumption they're still alive when they come back for parts.

*sudden image of NOT alive and back for parts*

Actually, I've visited a few shops with checkbook in back pocket and enough cash and desire.

For the most part, salesmen won't even budge from goofing off.

What's wrong with that picture.

I gotta say that Hinderer is a dealership that runs under a car dealership mentality. Thus, it is going to be shitty when compared to most motorcycle based dealerships. If that makes sense...

I used to deal with those guys on a regular basis and they were always saying how they were going to set the world on fire and be one of the biggest and best shops in the state. Well, guess what? That never panned out and in fact, the way they perceive things is so far off base and so far away from the norm that you would get from a true motorcycle dealer that if not fixed or remedied, they are going to either be a dealer that just gets by and a tax write off for the car portion or they are going to just fold or sell.

Honda only is a bad idea anyways. But, add in the fact that they have a car mentality and it makes it worse. Now, will they have moments where they exceed others in price, etc? Sure. They all do. But, it is about consistency and these guys are constantly doing poorly...

HNW is a MUCH better choice. Talk to Dave there and tell him I sent you and you'll get the best deal. If they do not work, I can help ya find a solid Honda dealer that will be the best price, but honestly, I like it when locals buy locally and HNW would be great as when you need service, they will get you sorted much better than if you buy it a good bit of ways away and then bring to them...

This being said, I took an accident report from a young man whos dad bought himself and his brother 2012 Boulevard M50 (at the same time). Whan dad arrived, we began to talk about where he boight them. He told me that he originally went to HNW and asked what kind of deal they would give him on a pair. He said the salesman informed him that they have absolutely no ability to deal and the 2 bikes would be sticker price plus dealer prep. The dad said that he went directly to Iron Pony and they practically bent over backwards to make him a deal. Dad said he bought the pair on the spot.