Wireless Internet Router HELP

Chrome

I went out the other day and picked up a new router for my office (Belkin Wireless dual band N+ router. N750 DB) I can see that there are 2 different settings, 2.4 ghz and 5ghz. My question is do they run at the same time? It just seems like my internet is running extremely slow with this new router. When i look at the settings it is set on the 2.4?? How do i change this? It is driving me crazy with a slow internet. Any interwebz help is much appreciated!!

2.4 and 5 will both run at the same speed, a max of 54mbs. However, 2.4 is susceptible to more types of interference. For example if there are a lot of bluetooth items around they run on 2.4 so they could interference. But I really doubt that is the problem. The advantage to 2.4 is it has a longer range.

Do a speedtest at www.speedtest.net using wireless. Then plug something directly in and run the test again and post back the results.

Belkin's is 192.168.2.1

Look for a channel setting most have channels 1-11 default is normally around 9 or 11 if there is a lot of wifi routers in the area I would change it to 3 or 5 to reduce interference.

Thanks to all. I changed the channel to a 3. I counted all of the other wireless options and there are 23 in my area! Ill Check and see if this makes a difference.

here are my results from the speed test:

1989525771.png