Back from Daytona

F4iBunny

So while the rest of you were shoveling snow, 7 members from the board were down in (mostly) sunny Daytona Beach. :cool:We drove all night Tuesday and arrived Wednesday morning, checked into our rented condo right across from the beach and as soon as the bikes arrived, we were off! I think it was the next day, we went to the track to check out all the new models and vendors. We met up with Jason Briton at the Kawi tent too! Friday was threatening rain all day so we drove the truck into town and walked around the bit. After driving down the beach a while we headed back to the condo when it started pouring down rain. We were glad we weren't riding in it but since it was wet outside anyway, we went to the beach and played in the waves. That night we went to River Grill for dinner to celebrate GSXR750girl's birthday and it is highly recommended! If you would like a preview of the menu you can ask Mandie as she kinda permanently borrowed one. You should go for the Wine Burger if you have an extra $1000 laying around! If not, just go for the Wino Burger! :drink: LOL Saturday we wanted to go to the track for the race but it was so fucking windy that I chickened out on the bike, so while the guys rode, GSXR750girl and I went in the truck. We stopped across the street from the Speedway at a place that has go-carts and dragsters and ran into Travis Pastrana there! Then we went to the track and watched the 200 (yay Kawi and Suzuki!) and the sprint race then took off. We heard about the lovely weather you were having in central Ohio so we decided to extend our stay until Monday. Since the weather had been a little shitty for us Fri and Sat, we rode all day Sunday since it was a beautiful sunny day! We got in some mild twisties, some good long straights and finished our day with dinner by the water. Then we went home, packed up the bikes and prepared ourselves for the 15 hour drive home. What fun it was to arrive home and have to dig our way into the driveway thanks to the snow plow. Luckily the bikes had another place to stay tonight so we didn't have to try to get them in the garage. I added some pics to my myspace page of the trip.

cool jason briton!

and those new 250's how did they feel? one of my friends is supposed to be one of the first in ohio to have one. kawi has supposedly waited to ship to ohio cuz they are not sure how to distribute the bikes here so every dealer gets only one at first. he is first on the list at two different dealers.

cool jason briton!

and those new 250's how did they feel? one of my friends is supposed to be one of the first in ohio to have one. kawi has supposedly waited to ship to ohio cuz they are not sure how to distribute the bikes here so every dealer gets only one at first. he is first on the list at two different dealers.

I really liked the new 250. Being only 5'2", the old 250 was ok, but the seat on the new one is more narrow so it is even more comfortable than before. I'm sure your friend will enjoy it.

Cool pics! Did they do a stunt show while they were there?

btw: I love the new 250, you thinkin about getting one or are you gonna upgrade to a 600 sometime soon?

We didn't see a stunt show, so I'm not sure if they did one or not. They were filming for the show in the Yamaha tent where they had some custom bikes. When Jason Briton saw Bret's bike he commented on how easy it was to wheelie. Bret handed him the keys and he almost took them, then after giving it a second thought, laughed and said "nah."

The new 250 is awesome, wish I would've waited a year. But I'm gonna try to keep my bike thru this riding season and move up to a 600 next year. Mostly because I don't have the money for a bigger bike right now.

Cool pics! Did they do a stunt show while they were there?

btw: I love the new 250, you thinkin about getting one or are you gonna upgrade to a 600 sometime soon?

they did a private stunt show at hooters when kawi had the place reserved. i have a few pics from the show i need to upload. i will get it later.