Zombie Shotgun Project

crb

I accidentally won a 20 gauge Mossberg custom shotgun. I didn't like the finish when I got the shotgun. I was contemplating selling it off, so I thought I would paint the stock zombie green. 5 minutes worth of sanding and the stock looked way better. I am got started painting and I am starting to really like it.

Thought I would share.

Before pics:

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

Middle:

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1151.jpg

Starting to look good. :)

Custom huh? that looks like someones back yard drunken mistake..

Whoever decided on a pistol style bolt action shotgun and tried to tacticool that thing out would have been better off trying to suck start it from the business end.

At least you didnt have any money into it so yeah its the perfect piece to do whatever you want to it. Hell, i think you should glue a wig to the forend. :)

Yea I have very little tied up into it, the bolt action isn't terrible. I bid on it thinking somebody else would bid on it. I thought paint the damn thing florescent green and somebody on arms list will pay me stupid price. Well that is the hope anyway. Unless I decide to keep it. I thought the bolt action would be cumbersome. I have a single point sling that has been laying around I will throw on it. The one thing about the bolt is it could be operated with one hand and 20 gauge could probably be shot one handed.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

Looks much better. I think I will probably put another coat or two on it and a coat of clear next week. I bought some clear, which was NOT clear and had to put another coat on to cover a spot that was white. I really kind of like it green. The gun feels much better with stock sanded down smoother.

It really looks like a totally different gun. :)

One word of caution on the old Mossberg bolts 12ga/20ga/410 etc. They were notorious for having defective safeties.

Make sure the gun is of course safe/empty, then put the safety on and pull the trigger. Switch the safety to 'fire' and you will probably hear the firing pin drop.

If yours doesn't, chances are it will at some point in its life. Just be aware that they are known for such failures/accidental discharges

By the way, love the green paint

So what good is the rail on the bottom that is on a 45 degree slope? lol

Hell if I know it was on there. I should have took a better look when I bid on it, but I got it fairly cheap. I guess you could put a light on it.

Hell if I know it was on there. I should have took a better look when I bid on it, but I got it fairly cheap. I guess you could put a light on it.

I think it will glow in the dark