New Tires/Installation

ScubaCinci

It's about time for me to put some new rubbers on the Z...it's been quite a few years since I've had to buy tires for a bike.

I'm curious as to how people usually buy their tires. Do you normally buy them where you get them installed, or buy one place (i.e. online) and take them for installation locally. Do most dealers, etc get pissy because you didn't buy them there?

I don't mind buying them at the dealer as long as their price is reasonably close to what I can find elsewhere. I have to check with them today to see what they are asking.

Hob is notably north of Scuba, I think.

Where are you in Cinti, Scuba?

Do you have bike stands, so you can carry-in your wheels with the new tires and have them swapped-out? That will save you some $$$.

CCM (Clinton County Mtrsprts) claims to have really good tire deals, and are good people.

Any bike shop should install them for you.

I buy my tires online, take wheels off myself, and take them for installation. Cheapest option I could calculate. Once you figure out which tire you want, ask here or scan some motorcycle forums to see if there are any discount codes floating around for some of the online vendors.

In the Cincy area I will have to say sport tour is the best place to go for install and prices on tires. If you can hook up with hoblick when he's down in the area then hands down go with hoblick but if not I would recommend sport tour to anyone.

Here's a link to their page.

http://www.sporttour.com/

I actually looked at them, their tire prices are great (at least on the Michelin PR 3's)...do they install? I don't recall them having a mechanic shop, just a retail store. Then again, I probably didn't pay much attention to it being distracted by the shiny and all. My wife's office is less than a 1/2 mile from there.

@YSR_Racer_99 - I'm NW Cinci...basically at the intersection of I-275 & I-74. Cycke Specialties is right down the street from me.

To be clear on my OP, I'm just mostly curious what everyone else does. I'm not necessarily searching for the cheapest option, I can afford it and I don't mind paying for convenience. I'd just rather avoid getting ass raped if I can help it. :D

Edited by ScubaCinci

I've been using Iron Pony, it's quick. I'm usually in a hurry to get it done. I carry mine in, but I've seen guys swap rears in the parking lot. Center stands win on that one. And yes, Hoblick can do the next one or two for this year.