Looking for pt job

gen3flygirl

Title says it all. Once I start flight instructing I won't be able to drive busses for osu ( they get pissy trying to divide over time between two departments). The hours arnt guaranteed in the winter time so I need a second source of income. I will be available nights/ weekends and prefer something with little responsibility since my students will be trying to kill me.

And no I am not looking for a street corner or strip club.

If you want nights/weekends in Columbus with little responsibility, check out Iron Pony. You most certainly won't get rich there; my 5 years as a part-timer is testament to that, but there are some pretty cool people working there and they've let me do two nights and one weekend day for a long time. I couldn't have survived these years without them, they have my loyalty! :bow:

• Upvote 1

If you want nights/weekends in Columbus with little responsibility, check out Iron Pony. You most certainly won't get rich there; my 5 years as a part-timer is testament to that, but there are some pretty cool people working there and they've let me do two nights and one weekend day for a long time. I couldn't have survived these years without them, they have my loyalty! :bow:

Good call! I will check them out.

No one has made a sammich making joke yet?

But seriously, based on your availability, that's when people go out to eat. I hate the idea of waiting tables or prepping food, but it can be decent money in the right setting.

No one has made a sammich making joke yet?

But seriously, based on your availability, that's when people go out to eat. I hate the idea of waiting tables or prepping food, but it can be decent money in the right setting.

You make shit money prepping food. Waiting tables on the other hand isn't too bad. I was a server/bartender for a long time and made decent money. Just gotta find the right place that is willing to work with your schedule. And hire someone without foodservice experience (I'm just assuming you don't have any - correct me if I'm wrong).

Any good at gardening?

I worked in a green house in high school. Not a bad job, small family run place.

You make shit money prepping food. Waiting tables on the other hand isn't too bad. I was a server/bartender for a long time and made decent money. Just gotta find the right place that is willing to work with your schedule. And hire someone without foodservice experience (I'm just assuming you don't have any - correct me if I'm wrong).

I am NOT fucking working at Applebee's. I remember your horror stories from there. I worked at a Japanese steak house and sushi place in high school as a busser/server assistant/ hostess. I wasn't old enough to serve at the time.

Too bad your morals are so high. I have dollars to spend on slutty women' date=' only.[/quote']

Depends on who's asking ;) might be alittle extra for linz to join though

• Upvote 1

I'll pay you extra if you let me leave her at home. :dunno:

God damn it, it won't let me rep you any more :(

I wouldn't mind working at tilted kilt but I don't have the body for that shit and I can't fake being nice for that long. Plus I would just end up eating garlic fries my entire shift. I wonder if Columbus has one of those dicks resuraunts, I would most likely excell there.

Edited by gen3flygirl
  • Upvote 1

aren't all airplane people rich or connected to rich people? why aren't you busy networking with those dirty, loose, flapping lips?

as in, talking with the rich people for possible part time positions.

i hear fedex/ups and the like are always hiring. not sure if that is a viable position, but there you have it. i like the iron pony idear the best, honestly.

aren't all airplane people rich or connected to rich people? why aren't you busy networking with those dirty, loose, flapping lips?

as in, talking with the rich people for possible part time positions.

i hear fedex/ups and the like are always hiring. not sure if that is a viable position, but there you have it. i like the iron pony idear the best, honestly.

:lol: the younger guys are usually so broke it isn't even funny. That colgan air crash in buffalo royally screwed us and soon to be the traveling public over. I was making more as a bus driver only working 9 months a year than most regional pilots who work the maximum allowed hours.

Sammich maker (see below for clarification).

If I got paid/ compensated for being someone's sammich maker my happy ass would have another bike by now.

I could get a job with TSA then it would be illegal for me to grope everyone's balls/ man titties :D

Hell yes! Zamboni driver would e a sweet job. Which ice rinks do you work for?

I work for the Chiller Ice Rinks, which other than OSU and Newark are the only ice rinks in the Columbus area. We usually hire in the fall right before high school hockey starts up, but I know all the rinks are going to need more drivers. They may hire drivers earlier for training.