cop nearly hits me...3 times

RHill

I'll give the quick version so not to bore anyone

Cop has person pulled over on onramp....both merge onto the road with no signal, I slow for front car, cop merges in right beside me.

Cop doesnt pay attention to how slow traffic is going, I match speed to merge in, he doesnt; I merge quickly to avoid being rear ended.

Cop finally lights up after following me on the offramp and through 2 turns. I signal and turn off into parking lot....once again, he fails to slow down and gets uncomfortably close and almost misses the turn completely.

I just bit my tongue to avoid ruffling feathers. The more I think about it, I regret not saying something to him about it.

nope, no ticket or warning or anything....no reason to ticket, I saw him first and it was in traffic the whole time after. He didnt even have a real reason for pulling me over.

Would anything actually happen if I did file a complaint? (besides him and his buddies knowing I filed a complaint) There was no accident, this all happened at low speeds at most of 30 or so, and I doubt you even have a way to tell if he signaled when pulling out.

:dunno: file a complaint and have them pull the dash cam?

the dash cam was "malfunctioning" at this time. and if it wasn't well, we lost the tape.

sorry bout it.

Would anything actually happen if I did file a complaint?

no. its silly that we trust the police to police themselves... covering for your buddy is priority one. and if you're honest and you don't cover your buddys fuckups, you're labeled a "rat" or a "snitch" and probably lose your job.

Edited by John

nope, no ticket or warning or anything....no reason to ticket, I saw him first and it was in traffic the whole time after. He didnt even have a real reason for pulling me over.

Would anything actually happen if I did file a complaint? (besides him and his buddies knowing I filed a complaint) There was no accident, this all happened at low speeds at most of 30 or so, and I doubt you even have a way to tell if he signaled when pulling out.

If he were to cause an accident in the future then there would be a record of past wreck less behavior. Just because he is a cop doesn't mean he is exempt from the law. They are there to keep the peace not kill motorcyclist because of their driving.

no. its silly that we trust the police to police themselves... covering for your buddy is priority one. and if you're honest and you don't cover your buddys fuckups, you're labeled a "rat" or a "snitch" and probably lose your job.

There ya go...one of the many reasons I don't like nor trust the police. The badge they wear is nothing but a license to lie...and when it's your word against theirs, guess who will win.

If he were to cause an accident in the future then there would be a record of past wreck less behavior. Just because he is a cop doesn't mean he is exempt from the law. They are there to keep the peace not kill motorcyclist because of their driving.

Nope, because he's a cop means that he's pretty well exempt from most standard traffic laws.

Riders without mc endorsement seems to be a problem in Ohio, I'm guessing he just used the stop to check your endorsement.

Could have been something else... Did he use any of the following terms?

1. Ya sure got a pretty mouth...

2. Meow...

3. You fit the description...

It will blow over.

un-official checks and balances - unless you got a ticket.

That's a different game to play.

If you didn't get a ticket, be wise, do nothing, let it, expire, fall off the charts, etc....

Just be careful in the area as he might remember it and try to get you later, or not.

Sounds like he was being of a strange attitude at that moment...... (hmmmm..)

Edited by Strictly Street
second thoughts

funny-picture-1319909.jpg

I doubt you will get anywhere since you didn't get a ticket and there wasn't actually an incident. Its really a "he said, she said" type of situation and since its a cop, your word won't hold as much water.

Just because he is a cop doesn't mean he is exempt from the law.

Not necessarily true in all instances. Just saw a story on the morning news

I think yesterday about the police and the new texting law. They are exempt!

Doesn't seem right, but they get a free pass to use any of their electronics

in their car while driving, including their cell phones.

:mad:

EDIT: posted this before seeing the pic posted above, that is exactly what I am talking about,

they showed the picture during the news report I am referring too.

:dunno: file a complaint and have them pull the dash cam?
Pussy.

You should search him out and give him an ear full.

Reporting a LEO is a good way to invite all of his buddies over to ass rape you. Reporting LEOs does very little if anything at all to the LEO but makes you a target.

So very true.

Actually yes it kind of does and they know it, hell that is why many I know became LEOs

There ya go...one of the many reasons I don't like nor trust the police. The badge they wear is nothing but a license to lie...and when it's your word against theirs, guess who will win.

True!

Nope, because he's a cop means that he's pretty well exempt from most standard traffic laws.

True

You shoulda kicked it sideways and got the hell outta there.

Why? Other than to get away from his shitty driving, but then he would have had a real reason to pull me over.

what did he even say to you after he pulled you over? did he say why he stopped you?

he said he couldnt find my plate in the system...aka he had no reason. Hell, he had no reason to run my plate in the first place.

The whole idea that cops are allowed to use electronics while driving is insane, if its judged unsafe for everyone, it shouldnt be differentiated for LEO.