Bull terrier to good home. need someone asap.

jessecwalters

This dog is from my recently ended marriage. ex wife was going to try to find a home for it, having issues now. Info is below, copied from an ad for the dog. If she doesnt find someone to take her in the next couple weeks she's getting put down. Which I do not want to see happen, but I cannot take her.

anyway, heres the info.

I have a four year old female Bull Terrier that I am looking for a good home for. I am moving out of state to finish school and I am unable to bring her with me. Her name is Auzzie and she is a great friend. Unfortunately Auzzie was diagnosed with Addison's disease on the 25th of April. Addison's disease is not a curable disease but can be treated on a monthly basis with hormones. A brief over view of the cost associated with her illness Addison's. She will need an injection of hormones (Percorten-V) every 25 day. Depending on how this medication is purchased (by the vial or by the dose) the cost can range from $85 to $100. In addition to the injection she will need steroids supplements intermittently which are approximately $10 a month. She will also need her electrolytes checked every 3 months which is $65 including office visit. Aside from Addison's she is a well rounded dog. She has been well socialized and interacts great with dogs of all sizes and ages. She is also interacts great with people as well. She has never lived with children but I believe she would do great with them. Overall Auzzie is a submissive and loving companion. She is full house trained. Auzzie has a micro chip and all of her paperwork. I am not asking for a re-homing fee, just asking for a loving person to adopt my great friend. I have attached a few photos of Auzzie. Please email if you are interested. flores.aprilm@gmail.com

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/m/5K35Hf5J83E83F53N3c59ce4896f816f31a57.jpg

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/m/5Ic5E75H43Ib3L53p4c5953210007f1d915c9.jpg

https://post.craigslist.org/imagepreview/m/5Hb5J15Me3Ee3K43Mac590fff910b528d1add.jpg

This is a really great dog. She knows no strangers, great with kids and animals. Very submissive and calm. Short bursts of energy, but mostly shes lazy.

any questions, email flores.aprilm@gmail.com

She does have an application for the dog, but that might become less important.

Edited by jessecwalters

if you ask me this is another classic example of someone that got a dog for all the wrong reasons. it was convenient for you all at the time but now it's not. that's the whole sad part. you sir should be ashamed of yourself

Edited by serpentracer

I don't know your whole situation but this scenario is one of the reasons you buy from a reputable breeder. They should be taking this dog back and be responsible for finding it a home. Initial upfront costs are sometimes more buying this way but when lifestyle or family situations change the extra added assurance of this being an out takes some of the stress out of an already stressful situation.

As someone that has been around the dog world for decades I have seen plenty scenarios where getting rid of a dog was the best thing for all concerned especially the dog. People who are choosing to chastise you are ignorant and lack enough life experiences to make a judgment call on your choices so I would just ignore the negative input as another asshole not adding anything useful.

Good luck with getting this situation taken care of, wish I could help but the house is too full of dogs as it is.

• Upvote 1

Im not gonna say he is a bad person for needing to get rid of the dog, shit happens and if there is someone who can take the dog why not? But putting it down because of these circumstances is wrong. You either find a home for it or keep it IMO, putting it down should not be an option.

if it was a regular case of "im moving and cant take the dog" then i would agree its wrong to consider putting it down

but in this case where the dog has an illness that costs thousands of dollars a year to treat, i think its completely reasonable to consider putting it down if no home can be found for it.....im sure they didnt buy the dog assuming it would come down with this illness, not sure why he should be "ashamed of himself"

i would be in the same boat....theres no way i could afford that kind of care for a dog, and i would be trying to find it a new home also, and if i couldnt, it would get put down....its better to have it put down than to let it suffer without its medication and end up dying anyways

and im sure the next response will be "dont get a dog if you cant afford its care"....an incurable illness like this isnt an expected a cost when it comes to owning a dog, and i would bet a lot of people would be in the same situation....if an animal is to the point where it will cost thousands of dollars a year to keep it alive, IMO, i dont see a problem with having it put down - as sad as it may be

if it was a regular case of "im moving and cant take the dog" then i would agree its wrong to consider putting it down

but in this case where the dog has an illness that costs thousands of dollars a year to treat, i think its completely reasonable to consider putting it down if no home can be found for it.....im sure they didnt buy the dog assuming it would come down with this illness, not sure why he should be "ashamed of himself"

i would be in the same boat....theres no way i could afford that kind of care for a dog, and i would be trying to find it a new home also, and if i couldnt, it would get put down....its better to have it put down than to let it suffer without its medication and end up dying anyways

and im sure the next response will be "dont get a dog if you cant afford its care"....an incurable illness like this isnt an expected a cost when it comes to owning a dog, and i would bet a lot of people would be in the same situation....if an animal is to the point where it will cost thousands of dollars a year to keep it alive, IMO, i dont see a problem with having it put down - as sad as it may be

Well put and I 110% agree.

if you ask me this is another classic example of someone that got a dog for all the wrong reasons. it was convenient for you all at the time but now it's not. that's the whole sad part. you sir should be ashamed of yourself

Guess i should have worded it better. Its not my dog. I am taking my dog when I move, it wasnt an option for me to not take my dog. Its my ex-wifes dog. I cannot take both or i would. I posted this to help her and the dog. But anyway, I believe she tried the bull terrier rescue people, and they told her they werent taking anymore, that they had too many they couldnt find homes for already. Idk if she tried the buckeye bull terrier club though, Ill have to let her know about them.

Edited by jessecwalters

Many communities (city, county, etc) have separate/different laws about pit bulls. Before anyone considers adopting this pet, be sure to check into them.... They range from no special laws, to "Must ALWAYS be on leash, including dog parks," to "Must be muzzled when outside the home."

Guess i should have worded it better. Its not my dog. I am taking my dog when I move, it wasnt an option for me to not take my dog. Its my ex-wifes dog. I cannot take both or i would. I posted this to help her and the dog. But anyway, I believe she tried the bull terrier rescue people, and they told her they werent taking anymore, that they had too many they couldnt find homes for already. Idk if she tried the buckeye bull terrier club though, Ill have to let her know about them.

No need to apologize or clarify. Life changes, dog has to find a new home, has some money-consuming medical problems which may get worse. If no new home, dog will have to be put-down. Anyone want it? If not, move on to the next post. If you want it, drop the OP a line.

is this actually considered a pit bull? i thought most legislation viewed pit bulls as APBT and AmStaffs ?

You get some people that say they're different breeds, and you get others that say there's a lot of overlap, and it's all grey area, and they're all descended from common bulldog stock.

I've met a lot of really nice pitbulls for that matter. All of them that I've met have a great temperament, but I wouldn't want to be around when instinct kicks in, that's all. Instinct > behavior.

It's the old case of reality vs stereotypes and how much they're based on fact.

You get some people that say they're different breeds, and you get others that say there's a lot of overlap, and it's all grey area, and they're all descended from common bulldog stock.

I've met a lot of really nice pitbulls for that matter. All of them that I've met have a great temperament, but I wouldn't want to be around when instinct kicks in, that's all. Instinct > behavior.

It's the old case of reality vs stereotypes and how much they're based on fact.

Bull Terrier

BullTerrierZola.jpg

Pit Bull

220px-American_Pit_Bull_Terrier_-_Seated.jpg

I understand that some municipalities group most Bully breeds together in their BSL but that is uncommon. Bull terriers are not often mistaken for a Pitbull by appearance, though it is common misinterpretation by name.

Craig

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't want to be around when instinct kicks in, that's all. Instinct > behavior.

I will probably regret starting this dialog but I'll bite for now. Just what instinct would you be referring to that might put a human in danger or make you worry?

There is no pit in bull terriers. Theyre a mix between a Bulldog and Old English Terrier (the ones with the beards). The dog that is trying to find a new home, HAS NEVER GROWLED AT OR BITE ANYONE OR ANYTHING. This a a great dog. i dont think I can stress that enough. there is no instinct in this dog to drive her to bite anyone.

I will probably regret starting this dialog but I'll bite for now. Just what instinct would you be referring to that might put a human in danger or make you worry?

Well I've been corrected about Pit Bulls vs Bull Terriers; I was mixing them up in my head trying to troll on Pit Bulls :) The Pit Bull instinct, however, is to not let go, under any circumstances, once they've bitten down on something in anger/defense/aggression/etc.