Kawi 636 - Versys - SV650/1000 - CBR1100xx

Beegreenstrings

All joking aside a busa would serve you well, the ergonomics on it are fairly comfortable for long rides, 45ish mpg iirc, very capable in the twistys, and plenty of power to spare. Down fall is price finding one at a good price is hard to do.

horrible idea... they don't turn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-Green. I use xx and sv. Commute is quiker on xx, sv much nicer in turns. Both, in my case, eat tires. Gas is about same, in my case again. I'm comfortable on both. Prices have the SV cheaper. I run country roads, with little city. xx does not like stop and go. Temp climbs in traffic. SV no temp gauge just guessing it doesn't like stop and go. SV lumps along. XX just does itz bizness with no complaints.

Ninja 650R and Versys share an engine (parallel twin)

As does the DL650 Vstrom and SV650 (V twin)

Similar bikes in alot of ways. SV and Ninja are more sporty while the Versys and Vstrom are taller more upright. All are pretty good for comfortable ergonomics and good fuel economy. The DL is probably the hardest to find for a great deal but I dont think any would be wrong for your application.

Less common but similar bikes on the same platform is the Gladius and ER6N naked standards.

Also look at GSX650F.

Craig