Saturday BR - MOtoseries

NinjaDoc

This might be my first post in this section :D

Strongly thinking about going to the motoseries at beaver run this Saturday for my first ever track day. Jeff is gonna be there and provided most of the info to encourage me. As I understand for instruction group the prep that I should undertake is tape my lights turn signals and speedo. No need to change the fluids and stuff right? Do I need to take my luggage rack and central stand off which is a huge pain in the rear with my immature mech skills :(

Plus I dont have a trailer and hence I am planning to ride down their early and tape it up. Some essentials like fuel and water/ chair etc Jeff migt help transporting. Don't have Any tent :(

If I get the day off I might be able to pull it off.It's gonna be a last min decision. Will I get the slot or it will be filled up? All advices are welcome. Please fill in details I missed.

Finally most important thing: lol. Is filming allowed in the premise, if I bring along my dslr is photography allowed? Not planning to sell pics or anything just to make some video etc

This might be my first post in this section :D

Strongly thinking about going to the motoseries at beaver run this Saturday for my first ever track day. Jeff is gonna be there and provided most of the info to encourage me. As I understand for instruction group the prep that I should undertake is tape my lights turn signals and speedo. No need to change the fluids and stuff right? Do I need to take my luggage rack and central stand off which is a huge pain in the rear with my immature mech skills :(

Fluids are fine. Throw some painters tape in a bag and tape up lights and mirrors(remove), remove license plate if you can or just tape it up. I would assume you can leave on your centerstand and luggage racks on.

Plus I dont have a trailer and hence I am planning to ride down their early and tape it up. Some essentials like fuel and water/ chair etc Jeff migt help transporting. Don't have Any tent :(

water and food. I dont know if Beaver has an indoor classroom where you get to sit like Nelson. A chair would be good. Fill up right before you get to the track and you wont need fuel. Ive never needed more than a full tank at a track day.

If I get the day off I might be able to pull it off.It's gonna be a last min decision. Will I get the slot or it will be filled up? All advices are welcome. Please fill in details I missed.

You should be fine

Finally most important thing: lol. Is filming allowed in the premise, if I bring along my dslr is photography allowed? Not planning to sell pics or anything just to make some video etc

Photography stuff is fine as well as filming. Honestly, your not going to have much time between your session, classroom, and your next session. You will at lunch, before, and after the day.

I road to a trackday at mid ohio and had my gf follow in my car. We taped up when I got there and it was no big deal.

Have fun! Wish I could make it.

Edited by Mykill

i suggest you keep an eye on the motoseries page to see whether it's sold out and keep in touch with todd at motoseries to make sure novice doesnt sell out.

otherwise, just get there and we'll help you with the rest. if you'll be needing gear, set that up with todd. if you wear 42US 52Euro, I may have a suit you can borrow. i also have a spare size 8 (medium) gauntlet gloves and size 42 boots (a couple sets).

let us know what you decide to do. PM any one of us and we'll be happy to help.

thx for the advice guys, i am a definite may be as of now :D

now just have to make sure i get the day off both from work as well as family :)

jbot, thx for the offer. I might be able to pull off with the gear i have currently. May be you can double check it for me, send you a pm with links to what i have as gear.

link will meet you there, will be nice to see the familiar faces and meet others as well.

Great news Doc, see you there!

Ask Jbot if he will give you the advanced lesson he gave me, setting me up and owning me in turn 13 at Nelson...Pics to prove it...:wtf: haha!

Pre-Paid but guessing I won't make this one still due to bike repair. Still waiting on exhaust and tank cover to be delivered. And I still have to install the subframe and repair the bodywork upper and lower.

Repaired the Main harness, Speedo Harness, radiator, radiator tube+cap, Clip-Ons, Brake & Clutch levers, Ram Air, Upper Stay, Both Throttle Cables, Rearset Frame Weld, Rear Sets and Front wheel bearings.

Todd posted an update on the MS Forum earlier today:

For those of you still waiting to sign up for our Beaver Run event on June 30 - July 1st: We have extended the late registration fee to start on Wednesday. Anyone who has not registered and still wants to, now is the time to save $.

Are there still plenty of open spots? I figured with the way the weather has been that this weekend would have filled up early. I am stoked to get out there Saturday. I am one day into this work week and ready for the fookin' weekend already!

Are there still plenty of open spots? I figured with the way the weather has been that this weekend would have filled up early. I am stoked to get out there Saturday. I am one day into this work week and ready for the fookin' weekend already!

No idea, but I am sure it will fill up, especially if the weather stays clear. Have fun guys!

thx for the help and headsup on the wed last day :)

by today evening i might know for sure if i get off

Can some one help with the exact street address for the track, i am failing with google maps for some reason to locate the place.