Wtb: starter bike

undr_psi

So the GF wants to learn how to ride, I'm looking for a good beginner street bike and CL has been kind of a bust so I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone had anything. Something small(she's 5'3") been looking at ninja 250s but she's got an open mind. Tryin to stay less then $1500. Thanks again guys let me know if you have anything.

I'm in the same boat with my gf, she has a higher budget and shes been riding dirt bikes longer than Ive been riding :lol: Looking mainly at the ninja 250's as well since she wants a sport bike style

Good luck searching!

My first bike was a 81 Honda CM200T

Actually my gf is selling her bike (she doesn't like it, too old :rolleyes:)

1982 Suzuki GS300L $600 needs a stator other than that runs great. Pics are in my albums

them old twinstars are great learner bikes as long as the wheel bearings aren't shot....

I started on a KZ 305 that I bought for $250 (sold it easy to when I was done with it). I grew out of it quickly (3 months) but it was great, easy, low to the ground bike to learn on. I then bought a Hurricane 600 with a tired suspension so it was bit lower than a "stock" bike and rode that for couple years. I eventually got over my height issues and can ride anything now (except maybe the giant adventure tourers). I'm 5 ft 2 and 125 lbs so pretty small.

Mary

My first bike was a 81 Honda CM200T

Actually my gf is selling her bike (she doesn't like it, too old :rolleyes:)

1982 Suzuki GS300L $600 needs a stator other than that runs great. Pics are in my albums

Whats a stator cost and where would I find one?

^Looks like you moved up from that KZ.:eek:

LOL. Yeah! I've been riding for a few (many) years so I did work my way up.

I've gone through a CBR F3 and a F4i. I raced two Honda RS 125's and have had several dirt bikes so I have some well rounded experience.

The cheap old standard bike is really the way to go. I dropped mine when I first started and I didn't care. It did have those engine guards but I made my husband remove them after a month because I was too cool for them. ;)

Mary

Nice newer 250 Ninja with Yosh pipes plus a new front tire and OEM parts included. Posted on LocalRiders forum. Price has been reduced to $2100. Sounds like a killer deal. FYI--NOT mine.

"2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja. Silver in color. Excellent condition. 7,500 miles. Smooth running, comfortable, quick, and great MPG. My teenage son has lost interest and this bike is sitting in my garage gathering dust. Bike has not been abused...old dad was tagging along on all of his rides. Bike is stock with the exception of a nice pair of Yoshimura mufflers. I have the stock mufflers and they will be included with the sale. Have an extra OEM new front tire that goes along as well."

http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154731#post154731

I know from experience the Ninja 250 will be too tall for a 5'3" rider.

My wife is 5'4" and was on her tippy-toes.

Which she didn't like being a new rider.

Unless you want to shave the seat or put lowering links on it.