93 cbr900rr front bearing problem

93cbr900rr

so i have a huge problem. i have a 1993 cbr900rr with the 16 inch rim on the front. the hub is good. my bearing went out a few weeks ago and i replaced it. the bearing went out 3 other times so i was like what they hell. i looked up bike bandit and noticed a nub move. i was missing a spacer somehow!!!! so i got the spacer in with two new bearings in it. i got about 2 miles down the road and now both bearings went out again. any suggestions??

im getting the bearings from ask. they look it up and say its the one for my bike. what is hapening is ill be going down the road after i replace them, and about two miles into it, ill start to hear the bearings break. then the tire becomes a little wobbly

If the bearings are going out that quickly, something is wrong. Namely the housing ID is too tight (doubt this), the axle OD is too big (doubt this) or there is something amiss with the lateral stack up of everything (highest possibility).

I would double check exactly how the front end is supposed to put back together. You may have the sapcers switched and it is putting too much axial (side) load on the bearings.

How are you installing the bearings? I would toss them in the freezer for a few hours, then use a socket on the outer ring and light tap them into place. Or if you are squeezing them via all-thread and washers, make sure only the outer is getting contacted.

If you are installing using the ID, then you are denting the raceways, creating potholes. When the bearing operates and runs over these, they just get bigger.

• 2 weeks later...