As if Hot Coffee isn't hot, now this...

4DAIVI PAI2K5

It all started with the McDonalds hot coffee everyone remembers. Now this dumb shit.

http://www.chronicleonline.com/content/gun-purchase-leads-lawsuit

Guy buys gun, carries it everyday 7 1/2 years. One day he drops the gun from his pocket. The gun discharges shooting himself in the leg. He sues the store he bought it from.

and...... wins almost 2 million dollars

http://www.chronicleonline.com/content/kanes-hardware-held-liable-gun-case

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

This is a quote from some one local to the gun store.

Originally Posted By jrzy:

I just talked to the general manager at Kanes (Jim), here's some really good info that the liberal media did not post.

First of all NAA said they would help but they were offered a chance to get off the law suit for 150K and they did so leaving kanes to swing in the breeze.

Next, the guy who shot himself did not lose his leg at all, he did not have it amputated.

He still has his leg

Next, the guy who shot himself is morbidly obese and admitted to the court he drinks at least 6 drinks a day and takes 5 different level 3 narcotics a day.

Taking any one of the level 3 narcotics in Florida disallows you by Florida law from handling firearms while you took the drug.

The jury was 6 people.

The first 25 people vetted said they believed Kane was not at fault at all and were dismissed.

Noe of this was able to come out while the trial was going on because there was a gag order in place.

I will be asking the staff if we can get some help here with regards to the appeal, they are appealing and they have reached the max of the coverage but the insurance company is still helping.

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

I might get flamed for this, but this is the problem with a trial by jury: if you're "peers" are stupid enough, shit like this gets through.

The other question is who carries a .22 for self-defense after being mugged? Was he planning to annoy the next criminal who mugs him?

I might get flamed for this, but this is the problem with a trial by jury: if you're "peers" are stupid enough, shit like this gets through.

The other question is who carries a .22 for self-defense after being mugged? Was he planning to annoy the next criminal who mugs him?

Come over to my place and let me shoot you a couple times with a .22.

We'll post from my Droid how annoying it was, on the way to the hospital...

A friend of mine was shot twice with a .22, once in the face and once in the palm of the hand (defensive wound). The shot to the face didn't hit anything vital, the one in the hand took a ride up one of the arteries in his arm and blew out his sub-calavian artery, he bled out in the street.

i stand corrected. i'd just always heard anything smaller than a .380 for self dense was fairly worthless.

Prolly heard that from someone who thinks anything other than a 1911 is useless too. Bigger caliber rounds usually go straight thru and cause little damage unless they hit vital organs. I can treat those wounds in the squad on the way to the er, no big deal. Stop bleeding and treat for shock, start an IV for fluids all good. 22 bounces around making Swiss cheese out of your insides and causing massive internal bleeding. Not shit I can do for you but rush you to surgery and hope you don't bleed out first. Don't listen to dipshits that insist on 45.

Bigger caliber rounds usually go straight thru and cause little damage unless they hit vital organs.

That's as inaccurate as saying a .22 won't kill you. A .38 hollow point will make a little hole going in and a hole the size of your fist if it exits. Bullet size (grains), type of bullet and muzzle velocity result in the type and extent of damage possible. What that bullet hits determines the damage done. But let's face facts, Lynyrd Skynyrd said it best.....

"Hand guns are made for killin'

Ain't no good for nothin' else

And if you like your whiskey

You might even shoot yourself". like the fool in Florida did :lol:

i stand corrected. i'd just always heard anything smaller than a .380 for self dense was fairly worthless.

Urban myth and those that always believe that bigger is always better. How many Russians and American troups were killed in WWII from the so called weak 9mm?;)

That's as inaccurate as saying a .22 won't kill you. A .38 hollow point will make a little hole going in and a hole the size of your fist if it exits.

Ok, I'll try to answer this without sounding smug.

1) I said "usually"

2) I speak from exp, both from being shot 3 times and treating GSW on a regular basis

3) Most others speak based on hearsay and movies.

You are right in theroy on the entrance and exit holes. Yes you are right. The exit hole however is "usually" just a flesh wound. Internal trauma is the killer not the flesh wound, thus you would want a fragmenting round or a 22.

The other reason that I said usually in the statement you quoted is because rarely does anyone get shot with a defensive round or hollow point. All crime related shootings I have ever handled are ALWAYS yes ALWAYS the cheapest fmj round the perp could get his hands on. Bad guys dont waste money on expensive ammo. So the big rounds "usually" go straight thru and cause little damage. Thats why gang bangers and the like "usually" survive thier shootings. The even cheaper perps that have nothing to prove and dont care that they carry a little 22...thier vics "usually" die from massive internal damage and internal bleeding due to the round tumbling around in the body.

So, is a 45 loaded with Hornaday rounds deadly? Hell yes.

Does anyone ever get shot with that? Very rarely.

Two lowlifes in the street getting ready to shoot me and one has a 22 and the other has a 9...I hope to get shot with the 9. Your milage may vary, mine is from personal exp.

• Upvote 1

I'm a newbie. Why does a .22 bounce

around when others don't?

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

I think bounce is a bad term. Bullets spiral to maintain trajectory just like a football. Now ever see a bad pass thrown? It wobbles all over right? Same thing with a .22 when it clips something like a bone, flesh etc. because it has low mass it is deflected easily. Heavier rounds are "less" willing to be destabilized.

MidgetTodd, well phrased response. Clarity is such an unusual internet trait anymore. ;)

Now ever see a bad pass thrown? It wobbles all over right? Same thing with a .22 when it clips something like a bone, flesh etc. because it has low mass it is deflected easily. Heavier rounds are "less" willing to be destabilized.

I like that explanation, well said.

Anyways, to the OP, we're all fucked. No common sense, no personal responsibility, no selfless service, no one is "wrong", can't get your feelings hurt, get a trophy just for trying, affirmative action, reverse racism, person A can't do something because it might hurt person B's feelings, but we'll go overboard and make person B get all the special treatment and who gives a fuck about person A anymore, we're teaching our kids to be victims, it's never the kid's fault but the mean teacher cuz MY kid would never do such a thing, the dollar is nearly worthless but at it's peak of corruption, we cater to the stupid and lazy, welfare pays for drugs but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by making the recipient take responsibility, it's the cop's fault they got a ticket for breaking the law, it's okay to burn one book but not another book, it's okay for one person to use a racial slur but not for okay for another person to use the same slur, it's AEP's fault our power went out and we're too worried about ME instead of how that worker is doing 16 hours a day and came from another state to HELP you, the burger is supposed to be "made your way" so let's go off the deep end when they screw it up, IF someone asks a stranger "how are you doing?", they really don't care how your day went, 6000 friends on facebook is more important than 3 really good friends, it's okay for their son to fight for our country but my son should never do it, kid's can't play outside until the lights come on, all while out of their parent's sight and without a cell phone, 12 year olds are sending thousands of texts a month, 10 year olds are smoking, drinking, getting pregnant but let's coddle them, it's not their fault, we can't spank our kids or yell at them in public because someone will call children services, minorities want to be treated the same and get the same benefits but want special treatment when they can't hack it, we automatically assume the worst in someone before even getting to know them or the entire story, schools attempted to allow kids to buy better grades, why can't we all just be Americans instead of African American, Irish American, Mexican American, why must you be defined as a person by your sexual orientation, where did "treat others as you want to be treated" go ...............?????????? yeah. We're creating a country based that only cares about "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME" Maybe one day we'll decide to wake up and change for the better.

• Upvote 2

I'm a newbie. Why does a .22 bounce

around when others don't?

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Ricochets would be a better term. Its does not have the velocity to exit but has too much velocity to stop, hows that? A 22 is a small and lite bullet and will ricochet off your innerards doing a ton of internal damage. The last one I took in got shot in his left shoulder and xrays found half of the bullet in his stomach and the other half in his right Femoral artery.

I like that explanation, well said.

Anyways, to the OP, we're all fucked. No common sense, no personal responsibility, no selfless service, no one is "wrong", can't get your feelings hurt, get a trophy just for trying, affirmative action, reverse racism, person A can't do something because it might hurt person B's feelings, but we'll go overboard and make person B get all the special treatment and who gives a fuck about person A anymore, we're teaching our kids to be victims, it's never the kid's fault but the mean teacher cuz MY kid would never do such a thing, the dollar is nearly worthless but at it's peak of corruption, we cater to the stupid and lazy, welfare pays for drugs but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by making the recipient take responsibility, it's the cop's fault they got a ticket for breaking the law, it's okay to burn one book but not another book, it's okay for one person to use a racial slur but not for okay for another person to use the same slur, it's AEP's fault our power went out and we're too worried about ME instead of how that worker is doing 16 hours a day and came from another state to HELP you, the burger is supposed to be "made your way" so let's go off the deep end when they screw it up, IF someone asks a stranger "how are you doing?", they really don't care how your day went, 6000 friends on facebook is more important than 3 really good friends, it's okay for their son to fight for our country but my son should never do it, kid's can't play outside until the lights come on, all while out of their parent's sight and without a cell phone, 12 year olds are sending thousands of texts a month, 10 year olds are smoking, drinking, getting pregnant but let's coddle them, it's not their fault, we can't spank our kids or yell at them in public because someone will call children services, minorities want to be treated the same and get the same benefits but want special treatment when they can't hack it, we automatically assume the worst in someone before even getting to know them or the entire story, schools attempted to allow kids to buy better grades, why can't we all just be Americans instead of African American, Irish American, Mexican American, why must you be defined as a person by your sexual orientation, where did "treat others as you want to be treated" go ...............?????????? yeah. We're creating a country based that only cares about "ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME" Maybe one day we'll decide to wake up and change for the better.

Amen! :bow: