Mj usa

M_Quick

Dam, I've never had a single issue. They must know not to F with me or I really am an expert name dropper. :lol: Seriously have never heard any of the DS or enduro riders say anything bad. I'll have to research it a bit and reevaluate my opinion of them.

Burn that bitch down.

When I read the OP, I was thinking someone is about to have a fire :D

Do you know someone else this has happened too? And as far as shop insurance, IDK owner was not there and the kid said he was told if we didn't have insurance we were screwed.

Uhm, no.

A) The kid doesn't know baby shit from applebutter...I wouldn't talk to anyone there but the owner.

B) If they have no insurance THEY'RE screwed. There's this thing called negligence...like not have the keys secured, not carrying insurance to cover their customers, etc. Lawyers eat that shit up. They make good or they find themselves in court.

The bad news is, if you have to sue them, likely the attorney fees will outpace any restitution you receive so the only "win" you may get is a moral victory.

Do your homework and talk to other (reputable) shops to see if they are required to carry insurace, what types, and what due diligence they perform to mitigate loss through theft (i.e. securing of keys, alarm system, etc.). If you do have to go to an attorney, the more info you are armed with, the better case you have and the less leg work they have to do (i.e. - lower fess for you).

Mike was good to me in the past. It is hard core hood.

Not the swankiest neighborhood, but certainly not "hard core".

Hop on Cleveland Ave. downtown, head North, take a detour on one of the side streets, or find any numbered street greater than 5 and wander around.

Heck, go to Bexley, look at the $million + homes, then venture two blocks in most any direction...

I wouldn't doubt having that clause of not being responsible for lost or stolen property will be enough to get them out of any legal trouble. I know a few people that had their car's broken into while at the service places over night. and couldn't get shit from those places because of that sign posted and since they physically signed the service order.

I wouldn't doubt having that clause of not being responsible for lost or stolen property will be enough to get them out of any legal trouble. I know a few people that had their car's broken into while at the service places over night. and couldn't get shit from those places because of that sign posted and since they physically signed the service order.

Signs don't mean shit if they're negligent.

If a skate park puts up a sign that says "skate at your own risk" and there's a broken rail that casues a kid to fall and break their arm, the part is liable because they were negligent in not taking steps to keep the park safe.

There's implied responsibility of the shop proprieter to safeguard items left in their keep. The extent of that is debatable and where the legal gray areas come into play. Being that (it sounds like) this has happened in the past, they will have to demonstrate that they took steps to mitigate future occurrences and/or carry sufficient insurance coverage.

• Upvote 1

Not the swankiest neighborhood, but certainly not "hard core".

Hop on Cleveland Ave. downtown, head North, take a detour on one of the side streets, or find any numbered street greater than 5 and wander around.

Heck, go to Bexley, look at the $million + homes, then venture two blocks in most any direction...

I worked over there in 04-07 it was bad then. Now? In the bus you always check your 6.:(

OK let me chime in for a min. I know Mj he is a very shady guy. I used to think he was an ok guy, always gave me great deals ect ect. I was in the shop and noticed a stolen r1 that was from this site. I called a detective buddy of mine and they raided the shop recovering a few stolen bikes. I can put you in contact with the detective and let you know a few properties of mikes where something may be hiding ....Pm me

• Upvote 1

I worked over there in 04-07 it was bad then. Now? In the bus you always check your 6.:(

Can you tell me in 04-07 was the cable on the north end of fence cut, like he reported to dispatch reporter in Dec 2008? And was it the practice to leave keys in units outside back then?

OK let me chime in for a min. I know Mj he is a very shady guy. I used to think he was an ok guy, always gave me great deals ect ect. I was in the shop and noticed a stolen r1 that was from this site. I called a detective buddy of mine and they raided the shop recovering a few stolen bikes. I can put you in contact with the detective and let you know a few properties of mikes where something may be hiding ....Pm me

Thanks, you cant tell me all the units stolen and they felt oh well why bother with a police report. We have a clause on a repair order, were good, just tell customer's sorry and time for you to go.

Edited by M_Quick

State of Ohio Attorney General - Consumer Complaint help center - live chat line

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/contact

Live chat agents can provide basic guidance and assistance. If you have a specific issue or topic, please submit using the web form.

Any information obtained from a live chat agent is informal guidance. It is not legal advice.

The transcript of the live chat is considered a public record.

Signs don't mean shit if they're negligent.

If a skate park puts up a sign that says "skate at your own risk" and there's a broken rail that casues a kid to fall and break their arm, the part is liable because they were negligent in not taking steps to keep the park safe.

There's implied responsibility of the shop proprieter to safeguard items left in their keep. The extent of that is debatable and where the legal gray areas come into play. Being that (it sounds like) this has happened in the past, they will have to demonstrate that they took steps to mitigate future occurrences and/or carry sufficient insurance coverage.

the only thing I could see being a game changer is they were left inside not outside. and what kind of shop doesn't have an alarm system with all that merchandise, tools, money, credit card info etc etc.

Can you tell me in 04-07 was the cable on the north end of fence cut, like he reported to dispatch reporter in Dec 2008? And was it the practice to leave keys in units outside back then?

Sorry, I worked at VCF on morse. He maybe shady. Again sorry to hear this sucks. No more MJ USA for me.

Edited by Mj 88

Owner is at Red, White, and Boom tonight per his Facebook page.

Now I've seen he has posted he was leaving 1st thing this am to goto silverlake michigan ATV park!

State of Ohio Attorney General - Consumer Complaint help center - live chat line

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/contact

Thank's online chat is off line now, but I did fill out and submit the complaint form, for them as well as BBB and 6 on your side.

the only thing I could see being a game changer is they were left inside not outside. and what kind of shop doesn't have an alarm system with all that merchandise, tools, money, credit card info etc etc.

When I dropped my quad off, I was told it would be stored inside. When I went to get it I was told it was out in the lot with all the jet ski's, with key in ignition! It's all just BS cause if all the so called stuff was stolen, they would of filed a report. And contacted there insurance agent. Not to many people even know how to start that Polaris. The on/off switch slides left/right. Middle is on and you use your thumb to tilt it up to start it.

They aren't a BBB member (shocking), so that won't get you far.

But 6 on your Side might take an interest.

Wonder if he's dumb enough to post pictures of him/his friends on your quad?

Humm well maybe but I'm not exactly on his friends list, and his pictures are private. So if anyone else out there can view them let me know.

Here's a few picture of where they told us they cut the fence and took all the units out. First picture is of the cut cable, that was also quoted in the 2008 dispatch story as being cut. You tell me does this cut look 12 hours old, or 3.5 years?

Cable.jpg

Second picture is showing how close it is to wall of other building. And they said quads were probably road up and over that telephone pole, in between fence post and telephone pole. If quad went over the pole it would hit the building before making turn. Notice no damage to ground either.

sideview.jpg

Third picture is face on of fence. No doubt it was repaired but looks long ago, by the weeds growing up through fence and all. And no fresh rubs on the pole they supposedly rode over. And no way a buggy went over the log and cleared the top rail of fence, and then there's the turn before the building 3ft. after fence! But like I said that was just there story, they didn't report anything stolen at all.

frontview.jpg

Well if anyone looks then up on BBB it will still show up. And I also e-mailed the reporter that did that story in the dispatch in 2008. Just cause same cable in fence was mentioned way back then. And if it's been broken since 2008 and never repaired! I'd say that negligent on there half as well as leaving key's in unit's. I'm hoping she will do a nice little story on this place. 6 on your side may help, but there part time 3 days a week, and like 3 hours a day, ran by volunteers. That's why I'm reaching out to anyone and everyone. Not sure if there are Lawyers that would take the case and collect there fee's from them.

Dang, that sucks for sure man. Good luck to you. It definitely looks/sounds like it was an inside job.

On a side note, I once took my bike to Hinds for a recall repair. They also told me that they had no responsibility if it was stolen from their shop. I remember immediately taking out my phone and taking pictures of my bike. I kind of got a feeling something was up but got my bike back fine..