RazorMax or iPhone 4?

max power

I know its been discussed before, but I'm having trouble deciding on which phones to replace our current Drois 2's with.

These are the advantages as at see it at the moment. I may be wrong since I've only read about the different phones and have no real experience with either.

Droid advantages:

- already familliar with the platform

- cheaper $200/pair

- supposedly kick ass battery

- free apps

IPhone advantages:

- more reliable

- seem to be faster

- good battery

- better camera

I'm no Apple fanboy, but the iPhone is better on paper, AND $400 with a 2 year re-up with verizon. The RazorMax's are $200/2 year.

Does anyone have experience with both that can lay out an objective opinion?

Edited by max power

When my Galaxy S3 arrives in a week I'll give you my near-mint Droid X.

It'll be 2 this November, nothing wrong, just moving on.

Droid Razr FTW

Razr Maxx has awesome battery.

When my Galaxy S3 arrives in a week I'll give you my near-mint Droid X.

It'll be 2 this November, nothing wrong, just moving on.

Razr Maxx has awesome battery.

I know I got the regular razr for free so i'm not complaining here still a great phone ;)

switched phones a few a months ago and was in the same situation. Decided to go with the iphone 4S and couldnt be happier. As mentioned above, the display is amamzing. Siri is nice when you want it, web surfing and processing is quick. And the aftermarket products are awesome. (apple tv, armbands, speaker docks, cases, etc etc.

Never been a apple fanboy, but I still gotta vote Iphone

• Upvote 1

Maybe its just the Motorola, but these Droid 2's have never been all that great and mine locks up a few times a week and has to be plugged in all the time when surfing the net or listening to music.

factory reset (backup your sh*t first) would fix your reboot 2x/week issue, more than likely.

Samsung makes the Galaxy.

Besides music, pics and contacts, what do I need to back up? Is there a way to back up the apps, or do you just download them?

Agree. I had both an iPhone for personal and a droid x for work. Ended up taking the iPhone in the ocean and ruined it, had to use the droid full time for a couple weeks. Couldn't take it anymore as it sucks compared to the iPhone. Scrolling is choppy, locked up multiple times and had to pull the battery. My boss told me to just switch it out with an iPhone which I did. I wasn't an apple fanboy a couple years ago but turned into one after using the products. This latest experience only confirms my beliefs. Nothing comes close to the iPhone. Also the apple 'ecosystem' can't be touched either.

Maybe its just the Motorola, but these Droid 2's have never been all that great and mine locks up a few times a week and has to be plugged in all the time when surfing the net or listening to music.

backup pictures, music, texts (if you want), contacts (if you're using G-Mail you don't need to).

As Jst2Slow said (I think...!), anything you've downloaded from the Play Store (f.k.a. Google Apps, iirc) or from Amazon will still be there for you to re-download.

You could move your apps to your SD card if you wanted, but I find it easier to just put back what I need, when I need it instead of having 8000 apps on the phone.

Droid Bionic with extended battery has not missed one beat in almost a year...

+1 my Motorola Bionic has been going strong as well, had it since May 2011. Extended battery gets me two days with average use (got battery same time I got the phone).