Anyone with Motorola DROID RAZR phones...

r1crusher

I can tell you what Jinu does for them.

Just remember that if you take the upgrade pricing you'll have to switch to their new data plan. Or just buy the phone outright and stick with the unlimited....which will be expensive but probably cheaper in the long run to keep your plan the same.

That's the rub with VZW, if you take their upgrade pricing on the phone they force you to update your plan. If you don't take their discounted phone pricing they can't force you to upgrade your plan. Most of these new smartphones are $300 or more if bought outright from any VZW store. My plan is to wait several months after new ones are launched and then look for a slightly used one for a better price than new.

I got my ICS last week for the Razr, great improvement and much smoother.

On the Share Everything plan note....in all reality, how much data do you use per month. I am on my phone constantly, tether to my comp and rarely go over 2gb. If I get 6gb I would save 30 a month and have the hotspot feature.

Kevin is wrong as usual...I upgraded to the RAZR maxx a month ago and was able to keep my current unlimited data package. The way it is working currently is if you already have unlimited you can keep it with your renewal, however you can not add it to your package. They said in the future they might do away with it completely but not at this time. Craig I did my upgrade at the New Philadelphia location so I know you will be okay there.

Kevin is wrong as usual...I upgraded to the RAZR maxx a month ago and was able to keep my current unlimited data package. The way it is working currently is if you already have unlimited you can keep it with your renewal, however you can not add it to your package. They said in the future they might do away with it completely but not at this time.

Truth.

If you already have unlimited data, you can upgrade your phone and still have unlimited.

(This is on Verizon's network).

Truth.

If you already have unlimited data, you can upgrade your phone and still have unlimited.

(This is on Verizon's network).

ONLY if you pay full retail for the phone. If you take the discounted/subsidized price you will be forced to the new capped plans. This changed at the end of June.

Getting back to ICS, I put a leaked version on my Bionic. It is pretty awesome.

ONLY if you pay full retail for the phone. If you take the discounted/subsidized price you will be forced to the new capped plans. This changed at the end of June.

No. I just upgraded on Monday at the discounted price, kept my unlimited data.

That was done online, perhaps they hadn't updated things yet, dunno, don't care.

Kevin is wrong as usual...I upgraded to the RAZR maxx a month ago and was able to keep my current unlimited data package. The way it is working currently is if you already have unlimited you can keep it with your renewal, however you can not add it to your package. They said in the future they might do away with it completely but not at this time. Craig I did my upgrade at the New Philadelphia location so I know you will be okay there.

That's not the way I understand it and this change didn't go in effect until this month (July 7th) so you upgraded BEFORE the change took effect.

So you might want to check your facts before you call someone out that actually has them.

:D

That's not the way I understand it and this change didn't go in effect until this month (July 7th) so you upgraded BEFORE the change took effect.

So you might want to check your facts before you call someone out that actually has them.

:D

So, mebbe two more days 'fore it goes live?

the "deadline" used to be June 28th (to upgrade to new phone before "losing" unlimited data). did they change it?

anyway, if you're past the deadline, just wait for the razr HD. if the rumors are to be believed, it will have the high res screen, better processor, and baller battery. i wanted to wait, but i just preordered the galaxy SIII instead cause i didn't want to lose my unlimited. if i could preorder the razr HD, I would.

From what I read recently the date thrown out was July 7th. I honestly thought it was June 28th also but I think it's safe to say by the end of this week it should be in full effect.

Just pulled this directly from the VZW Support page:

I have unlimited data on my account. Do I need to change to the Share EverythingSM Plan if I want to get a new device?

You’re not required to switch to a Share Everything Plan, but if you do, you won’t be able to keep your unlimited data package. When you upgrade, you can choose from a voice plan with a standalone data package or a Share Everything Plan. If you want to keep unlimited data, you have the option to pay full retail price for a new phone.

I also ready that if you do a Share Everything plan, the sharable min./txt/data can be share for up to 10 lines. I thought the cut off for family share plans was previously capped at 5 lines.

Yet another change to the plans.

If this is the deal, I may be switching to ATT, or giving up the smart phones all together. $150/mo. Cell phone bill is where I draw the line.

Unless you spend your entire life in the sticks, Sprint sucks.