Bell Star Carbon RSD Black Beauty Helmet

RidersDiscount

Riders Discount now has the newest edition to Bell’s extremely popular Star Carbon line-up - the RSD Black Beauty.

As with the previous Bell Star Carbon helmets, this version uses an outer shell that is made from 100% carbon fiber. Bell spent a great deal of time engineering the shell to be not only lightweight and strong, but very aerodynamic as well. What they came up with was an angular shape with a uniquely contoured spoiler, both of which make this helmet extremely stable and resistant to buffeting. Air doesn’t only flow over the exterior nicely, it also flows in through the strategically placed vents at the front. This fresh air then pushes the warm air around your head out the exhaust vents at the back to help keep you cool and fresh. All vents are independently adjustable so that you can dial in the ventilation for different conditions.

Designed by long time Bell Collaborator, Roland Sands, the RSD Black Beauty graphic is laid over the carbon fiber in such a way that it doesn’t cover it up. This allows the weave to show through, and we think that’s a great design element. Who doesn’t like the look of carbon fiber?

Feel free to get in touch Nathan if you have any questions about the Bell Star Carbon RSD Black Beauty, or any other Bell products. You can give him a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 809 or shoot him a PM through the forum. You can also send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM if that’s more convenient.

All Bell helmets come with a clear shield as standard, but we have all the optional shields available - including dark smoke (pictured) and the SolFX Transitions shield.

bell_star_carbon_rsd_black_beauty-1.jpg

bell_star_carbon_rsd_black_beauty-2.jpg

bell_star_carbon_rsd_black_beauty-3.jpg

bell_star_carbon_rsd_black_beauty-4.jpg

Sexy for sure although I don't think I would trust carbon fiber on my head quite yet unless it is reinforced somehow under the shell. I am no expert on carbon fiber so correct me if I am wrong, but carbon fiber is supposed to very strong but brittle. So it will hold its shape very well until it hits its breaking point then it will basically shatter. It does not bend to absorb impacts it just breaks so one good hit and I imagine the shell with rip open. Am I wrong?

LOL, you just described glass. Actually, carbon fiber has high tensile and relatively low shear. Very hard to pull to break, but it can be cut with scissors, barely. So it's worked into a weave so the high tensile is in all directions. It's embedded in either an epoxy resin solid, Polyester resin solid, or a vinyl ester solid. Layers of Aramid or fiberglass can be added for thickness and other material strengths.

Carbon fiber is extremely thin for it's strength, so typically it would be over the top of something else used as strong filler to complement it. If used with fiberglass, I could imagine half as thick, half the weight, and just as strong as before.

One of carbons weak points is abrasion resistance. But Aramid is higher in abrasion resistance. So it's also good under carbon fiber. Nylon cloth is still one of the best for abrasion resistance, but I never hear of it being used with carbon fiber.

Good thing I don't hVe the Phoenix still otherwise I would have HAD to buy this regardless I price. Must keep this in mind in the spring when I hopefully have the funds for a new lid

Awesome in person, but you should see the prototype that was gloss! I am considering this lid but having someone shoot it gloss as it was even better. But, matte is the in thing right now... In any case, amazing in person!

shoot me a pm with a killer price' date=' or else...[/quote']

Or else what... :D PM sent

Damn you RD!

PM me price as well.

On it's way

Good thing I don't hVe the Phoenix still otherwise I would have HAD to buy this regardless I price. Must keep this in mind in the spring when I hopefully have the funds for a new lid

You can never have enough helmets ;)

Stunning helmet and design!

Any chance they'll come out with more color options?

Or do you also have the Speed Freak or Matte Carbon available?

Roland Sands designed helmets have generally just been a single colorway with different designs all together like the Speed Freak or Flash.

I do have both the Speed Freak and Matte Carbon available, let me know what size you're after and I'll double check inventory for you.

Awesome in person, but you should see the prototype that was gloss! I am considering this lid but having someone shoot it gloss as it was even better. But, matte is the in thing right now... In any case, amazing in person!

Sooo do you need a hookup on this Bell helmet? lol

Like the Bell Star Carbon helmet but not a fan of the RSD graphics? Riders Discount also has the Matte Carbon version available for those of you that just want the the carbon fiber weave in all of its glory.

The Bell Star Matte Carbon helmet shown here with a dark smoke shield.

bell_star_matte_carbon-1.jpg

All of the great aerodynamic features, with none of the graphics covering the carbon fiber.

bell_star_matte_carbon-2.jpg