I 270 Early Morning Loop

Pfloydgad

OK.....here it is.

I did this a number of years ago, and it was very unique. I am proposing an early morning ride, say 5am start, a stop halfway for breakfast, watch the sun come up, and best of all, cooler temps and virtually no traffic.

I will be at McDonalds in Dublin @ 33 and 270 @ 5am. We can hook-up and go N or S and do the loop, then turn around and do it from the other direction if desired.

Again, cooler temps, no traffic, just bikes and riding.

Any takers, add here, or just be at McD's. :cool:

Ride safe all,

Greg

Just meeting at McD's, not eating.

You only need to think outside the box a little for this one.

Yes it is early, but another way of looking at this is that you can get some good riding in early, have a good breakfast at sunrise, and be back in the sack sleeping or banging boots before 10am. :D

Either way, you are still riding.

Ride safe all.

Greg

I will still be hung-over, 270 sucks, and I hate even being near a McDonalds. You just love to ride my friend, but 270 or anything near Cbus needs to be avoided like the plague. You will get some good riding in at the Rally, although I will be leading an off-road group on my WR. And you actually said "good riding"?:wtf:

Hey B,

It is just to get some miles in, the heat and the wifes back surgery has slowed my riding down some. But when I took her over for the surgery we were on 270 accross the top at 5am, and it was like another world, no cars, the lights put spots on the road, just a unique look and feel. Am I am very ready for the Labor Day ride.

Ride safe, whenever you ride,

Greg

WELL......................................

I got out to the bike, got her fired up, geared up got on and got under way. My H4 headlight on low is pretty good, on HI it is awesome, unfortunatly, it is pointing up and iluminating the tree tops. Something either broke, or the adjustment gear has come displaced, either way, a headlight directed up is not a safe way to roll in the dark. I am so sorry if some of you made it for the ride, I hope you went without me and enjoyed the cooler temps.

Ride safe all,

Greg

270, 675, 35,75,71,70, and any other highway riding only would be worse than being forced to watch poker or nascar on tv. ;)

To each their own though, but I don't ride for those type of rides.

Edited by NinjaNick

To each their own though, but I don't ride for those type of rides.

I use a quick "lap" around 270 as a "clear my head" quick fix. It gets me

on the seat for a little bit, it lets me cruise at speeds that can be fun and

it's right there, close to my house, so what the hell. :dunno:

some of you sound like old ladies, blah blah blah, those roads aren't good enough for me and my bike and such... I don't ride for any "type" of road, I ride because it make me happy, end of story. I'd make that 270 loop with you some morning if you organize something.

• Upvote 1

some of you sound like old ladies, blah blah blah, those roads aren't good enough for me and my bike and such... I don't ride for any "type" of road, I ride because it make me happy, end of story. I'd make that 270 loop with you some morning if you organize something.

Yup......270 is beyond my scope of having fun.

Don't get me wrong I love getting to kershockton and hocking and other fun roads in Ohio, however, I don't have time to make those 170 mile trips on a regular basis and I'm not going to sit around and wait for them to manifest every month like the csba rides (awesome btw). Ill ride pretty much whenever to wherever so I guess I don't get the whole, its boring to ride this and that thing.

Yeah about that....

:rolleyes:

Fuck you, but have a nice day.

I use a quick "lap" around 270 as a "clear my head" quick fix. It gets me

on the seat for a little bit' date=' it lets me cruise at speeds that can be fun and

it's right there, close to my house, so what the hell. :dunno:[/quote']

me too. I have been known to do a few 670/315/71 loops when I'm mad about something.... its calming and its super close

• Upvote 1