one of my pets is very ill....selling a couple things

Steve Butters

yep, the cut healed up and the flap shed off....the yellowing is still present but after his next shed im going to try and be more proactive with the disinfectant scrub...its spread right now which means he is probably due to shed within the next month

ive made a lot of changes to his tank, and they are helping a lot....i switched to basic monitor care instead of bearded dragon care.....i think because theyre so hardy and they live pretty much in any conditions, it has lead to sub-par keeping being "acceptable"......all these care sheets and bearded dragon forums and stuff all tell you how to keep them alive, but not how to let them thrive.....ive switched his setup to that of an ackies monitor, and he is a completely different reptile...only difference is i only used 4-6 inches of substrate instead of 16-24 (but they dont burrow like ackies)...building a retes stack next week for his tank to give him some more temperature options too

he went from only moving once or twice a day to using his whole tank, running back and forth 10+ times throughout the day

the other day he was feeling a little tougher than usually and decided to pick a fight with his reflection.....he chased it for about an hour

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/?action=view&current=VID_20120726_111521.mp4

and i found him perched on his vent like spiderman....he got up there quickly for a 3 legged critter, im not sure what his plan to get down was though so i took him down (also flipped the vent around so he cant cut his toes climbing on it)

IMG_20120726_112443.jpg

good news on the reptile!

"moving once or twice a day", "fighting with his reflection" - sounds like my dog... :D

'nother question: do those guys make any noise, i guess the correct term would be 'vocalizations'? In other words, can you carry on a 2-way conversation with them like us cat and dog owners do?

this one cant...some species can though....supposedly the new one i just got can make vocal noises....but one thats famous for it is tokay geckos....one guy i know has one and it has pvc pipes in its tank to climb on...one night it was barking into the pipe and it was amplifying it enough that it woke him up from across the house lol