Wanting a KLR

Bradycook

You used to own one of those, didn't you? I never looked much at the DR. It's really that good? What's better than the XR? Motor? Suspension?

Yes they are great bikes "Ignore Buildit", do a bit of searching on the net and see for yourself. The XR's are fine bikes, but they are very old and outdated tech "more so than the DR" that needs a major facelift. THe XR's are known to burn oil, but they still run forever. They are more dirt orientated than the DR or the KLR, so keep that in mind.;)

You used to own one of those, didn't you? I never looked much at the DR. It's really that good? What's better than the XR? Motor? Suspension?

A good bit lighter than the KLR, less gremlins, more power, better dirt manners.

The XRL is the most dirt-oriented of the three (and the lightest), the DR in the middle, and the KLR is the most street friendly. The DR is the best "do all" bike of the big bore Jap bikes IMO (which is shared by a lot of people who know all three).

Here is all I have to say about what bike is favored by most riders.

Cruisers are the most popular bike style sold. So much for popularity and the right tool for the job.

The KLR is popular because it's cheap. It has some good attributes, and some bad ones, but it would be the rarest bike on the road if it costs what an XRL did.

Cruisers are the most popular bike style sold. So much for popularity and the right tool for the job.

The KLR is popular because it's cheap. It has some good attributes, and some bad ones, but it would be the rarest bike on the road if it costs what an XRL did.

After knowing the issues some XRL owner have had, I don't get the Honda brand loyalty at the prices they sell for. All I know is I still love my old 06' KLR and the mods I've made to make it more off road friendly. It's had few real issues that I didn't cause or allow to happen thru lack of maintance and yet it's been thru hell and back with me still on the seat.:D