Gymkhana FIVE - San Francisco

SWing'R

lol mid-weight 600+ hp car is a "turd" :rolleyes:

and Habi hit the nail on the head....this car in stock trim competes with the evo and the wrx, and it doesnt even need awd to do it

hell, its got over 300hp bone stock! and even more torque

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/112_0902_2010_ford_focus_first_drive/viewall.html

Edited by Steve Butters

I think it's crap that ford makes better cars for Europe than they do for their own country.

I agree!! I may be speaking out of my a$$ but if I was to guess I'd say it comes down to govt mandates/regulations, I may be way off base thou

-VanDy

I agree!! I may be speaking out of my a$$ but if I was to guess I'd say it comes down to govt mandates/regulations, I may be way off base thou

-VanDy

as well as social stigma....we dont get the 60+ mpg diesel fiesta because Americans hear diesel and think its the end of the environment as we know it...even though clean diesel is just as clean if not more so than gasoline....its just not what consumers want

some foreign companies are playing with diesels right now, and more are appearing....so maybe someday

i actually read an interesting article about honda and toyota working on diesels for their economy cars.....only time will tell

we dont get the focus rs because the base model doesnt meet US regulations (the EU model)....so to make an RS here, they would have to change too many things on the US model to make it a cost friendly decisions...if the US wasnt a bunch of enviro-hippies, we could probably have the RS

if the US wasnt a bunch of enviro-hippies, we could probably have the RS

Thats what is stupid because the Europeans are way greener than the US because its to expensive not to be.

Ford could compete here but the market for the RS would be tiny compared to what they are used to. Hell Mitsu doesn't even make the evo anymore.

300 hp in a FWD car is Kind of point less which is why Blocks is AWD although its also >600 hp. Mine is 265 HP and 280 tq and if you catch it in the right gear at full boost it will pull you across the road.

as well as social stigma....we dont get the 60+ mpg diesel fiesta because Americans hear diesel and think its the end of the environment as we know it...even though clean diesel is just as clean if not more so than gasoline....its just not what consumers want

some foreign companies are playing with diesels right now, and more are appearing....so maybe someday

i actually read an interesting article about honda and toyota working on diesels for their economy cars.....only time will tell

we dont get the focus rs because the base model doesnt meet US regulations (the EU model)....so to make an RS here, they would have to change too many things on the US model to make it a cost friendly decisions...if the US wasnt a bunch of enviro-hippies, we could probably have the RS

right because I've never been stuck behind a truck spewing out blue smoke and choking on it at all on a daily basis. or the local hillbilly redneck blowing out plumes of black soot.

diesel is terrible for pollution. it and jet fuel (kerosene) are huge polluters with no form of emission reducing equipment on them.

I can't even smell a vehicle that runs on gasoline but a diesel I can smell over 40 feet away.

Thats what is stupid because the Europeans are way greener than the US because its to expensive not to be.

Ford could compete here but the market for the RS would be tiny compared to what they are used to. Hell Mitsu doesn't even make the evo anymore.

300 hp in a FWD car is Kind of point less which is why Blocks is AWD although its also >600 hp. Mine is 265 HP and 280 tq and if you catch it in the right gear at full boost it will pull you across the road.

that little pos isn't no 600 hp. it barely broke the tires loose at the begining and he had it held to the floor. hell it barely started moving. I bet that thing has about 150 at the most.

this is how fast a 600 hp car moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiQ6FcyiPag

Edited by serpentracer

that little pos isn't no 600 hp. it barely broke the tires loose at the begining and he had it held to the floor. hell it barely started moving. I bet that thing has about 150 at the most.

They posted the HP in the video? Did you watch it? I am not saying it is the truth but its what it said. Believe what you want as this is the interweb so...? If you want we can all start asking for dyno's?

right because I've never been stuck behind a truck spewing out blue smoke and choking on it at all on a daily basis. or the local hillbilly redneck blowing out plumes of black soot.

diesel is terrible for pollution. it and jet fuel (kerosene) are huge polluters with no form of emission reducing equipment on them.

I can't even smell a vehicle that runs on gasoline but a diesel I can smell over 40 feet away.

even enviro-nazis in CA dont argue with clean diesel

A growing number of these “clean diesels” are coming to market, offering 20-40% better fuel economy and reduced greenhouse gas emissions compared to gasoline vehicles.

http://www.driveclean.ca.gov/Search_and_Explore/Technologies_and_Fuel_Types/Diesel.php

do you ever think before you type? :wtf:

this is how fast a 600 hp car moves.

specs on blocks focus:

Ford Fiesta WRC chassis, built by M-Sport

Ford "Ecoboost" 2.0L engine, 600bhp/665 ft-lbs max, built by PIPO Moteurs

Garrett TR30R turbocharger with 45mm restrictor

Brembo Monobloc WRC brakes (changed for different events)

Sadev 6 speed sequential transmission, transfer case, and rear end

Reiger WRC suspension (different damper/spring combos changed for different events)

Cosworth Electronics Pectel MQ12 ECU

Cosworth Electronics Pectel Hyllus power control module

Cosworth Electronics Pectel DB1-RSHE card logger

Cosworth Electronics Pectel MK4 RS Driver's dash

Cosworth Electronics MFD I/O display

Speedline forged wheels w/ Pirelli tires

Recaro Ultima WRC carbon fiber seat

Vehicle weight: 2755 lbs.

Built by the Monster World Rally Team

I think it's crap that ford makes better cars for Europe than they do for their own country.

Because Americans don't like hatchbacks as a rule, they prefer big ass cars and SUV's with 50 cup holders and sofa chairs for seats. Europeans have a bit more practicality to their thinking when it comes to cars. Same reason smaller displacement and naked bikes are so popular over there but don't sell well here (except for the Ninja 250 and CBR 250 which are marketed as beginner bikes). Americans want their super big cc sport bikes and loud ass H-D's..screw practicality. I must be in the minority because most European cars appeal more to me than their American counterparts...with the exception being muscle cars. Same goes for bikes for the most part, but the manufacturers are getting better at bringing over some great models like the naked FZ8, ER6-n (for a few years), XJ Diversion (FZ6R), CBR 250, etc.

Gobstopper is 850hp...not sure if that's at the wheels or crank...but still more than 600.

It's lighter too.

http://www.rogerclarkmotorsport.co.uk/gobstopper/official/text.htm

I'd take it over that POS Ford anyway, and twice on Sunday.

whats your point? theres a lot of cars i would take over a focus.

doesnt take away from the fact that the one in the video wasnt a "150hp max turd"....bone stock it had 305, and that one with fully built motor and turbo upgrade was putting out around 600....both numbers being far from what would be considered a "turd" to most.

and since your argument doesnt make much sense, heres another

Matech Ford GT ...i would take this over some wilky wonka subie any day, and 3 times on sunday.

Edited by Steve Butters

:eatdrink: Hell I wish I had a diesel right now but I'll just stick with my suv with 50 cup holders even though it's got 4. Must of been that Mexican version I've heard people talking about they need them :lol:

:eatdrink: Hell I wish I had a diesel right now but I'll just stick with my suv with 50 cup holders even though it's got 4. Must of been that Mexican version I've heard people talking about they need them :lol:

Only 4?? That's crazy. My 2013 Elantra has 8...yes 8, who the hell needs to hydrate that much while driving.

Edited by drew95gt

:rolleyes:

Clueless. That is why the U.S. doesn't embrace diesel.

:rolleyes:

Clueless. That is why the U.S. doesn't embrace diesel.

ask anyone that visits a country that has a lot of diesel vehicles how bad the air smells. light a kerosene heater in your house and leave for an hour. then come back and take a wiff. that smell is what diesel vehicles make the air smell like. it's fucking nasty. and should be abandoned just for that reason alone.

Edited by serpentracer